Qu audio tutorials

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu audio tutorials

This topic contains 35 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SamuelBruce SamuelBruce 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

@danthesoundman Hi Dan, these tutorial files are complete show files with different scenes and will change the entire configuration of the mixer according to the show/scene loaded.
    I suggest setting up the mixer as you require it and saving the show to USB as your default show file before loading any other shows/scenes.
    Our entire series of tutorial videos can be found here on YouTube if that’s any use to you: https://goo.gl/Axwbxc
    You might find the “Working With Scenes & Shows” video useful.
    Hope this helps and have a great weekend.
    Harry.

Profile photo of jaykaypro
    jaykaypro
    Participant

Hi Guyz & Girlz.

Anyone know of any new/updated tutorial guides for the QU digital mixing desk/console?

@nicola thanks for the first round of tutorials, still loving it & training people here is ZA on it 🙂

Thanx Jay Kay

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Jay Kay,

I just found new videos about the QU mixers on YouTube by GLB Productions. Three in the series so far. Entertaining and informative.

HERE

Joel
    Studio 52

Profile photo of jaykaypro
    jaykaypro
    Participant

@joel77 thanks for the info, I have managed to download all YouTube tutorials, including all the ones posted by Allen & Heath themselves.

I was hoping A&H would be following up with their audio training material “Part 2” 🙂

Profile photo of joel77
    joel77
    Participant

Yeah, I was hoping the same. We’ll continue to keep an eye on You Tube, just in case! lol

Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

Thanks for these tutorials!! I have finished 7 so far. I did have some trouble copying the files to the HDD drive but it seems to work okay. I don’t think it is correct as I don’t see the “tutorial” file between segments but, like I said, it seems to work.

One thought, it would be great if A&H provided files for download that are just music so we could try things with the mixer while the music was playing and looping. I have looked around some for such files but not found them. I will look more.

Nevertheless, these are very helpful!!

Again, thanks!!

Chuck

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Hi Ratchet,
    I have posted some questions before that I could have found in the manual, but I think we all agree that sometimes what we want to learn is buried somewhere.

No problem posting,, I, like many want to wish you the best with your Qu mixer to get the most out of it.
    I love my Qu24 and AR2412 augmented with an AR84.

LOVE IT!

Profile photo of stupaak
    stupaak
    Participant

Hello Ratchet, is it possible to copy the fader settings from layer 1 and paste them to the custom layer?

stupaac

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

@stupaac – once you assign a channel to a fader on the custom layer it should immediately mirror that channel.

Profile photo of frostyboy
    frostyboy
    Participant

I’m a new Qu-32 user and trying to get my head around the technicalities.
    When saying ‘all the settings will be erased’ is that from the board memory or from the usb stick?
    I’m a bit confused and afraid to try the tutorials.
    frostyboy

Profile photo of Harle000
    Harle000
    Participant

Is this training only be available through the Q Drive? or can I download it, play on my PC. I’m a real newbie and got into some hicups re setting channels into monitor Mixes, and how to assign 4 channels into a stereo IEM mix.

Profile photo of DC
    DC
    Participant

Hi – can anyone tell me if there are any sample shows that I can use to create a basic set up of inputs, effects sends/returns and DCA groups, which I can then tweak to my requirements?

thanks

Profile photo of tomshows
    tomshows
    Participant

Hello – Is there any software/simulator for an Allen & Heath QU-32 digital board that I can train with without having the board present…….and possibly create new scenes for uploading?

Thanks

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Unfortunately Not that I’m aware of.
    Really nothing beats having the QU32 set up in front of you
    getting hands on ‘Fader Hours’

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@tomshows

nope

best you can do is print out a good color picture of the board
    and also all the screens

then you can better follow the rather terse manual to see what is happening

I printed the entire manual but it was bnw so the pix are too dark to make out
    color printer now broken and new one is still waiting to be set up if I can find a driver for it

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.