Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

The app uses the meter data to detect if the connection is still active. Time timeout is 6 seconds.
    I tested it with my qu16 and it works fine. Which mixer and firmware are you using?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Qu16, 1.9
    The meters got an initial value, and never updated.

Profile photo of jhb1982
    jhb1982
    Participant

Same here. QU16 running 1.9, although it also happened on the previous fw. Tablet is a Lenovo tab 2 a10.

Profile photo of StrokerRED
    StrokerRED
    Participant

Qu16, I believe I am still on 1.8, I’m using a very old asus transformer tab.

Profile photo of jhb1982
    jhb1982
    Participant

The issue is pretty repeatable for me. If there’s any debugging I could do to try and trap the root cause I’d be happy to help dave. I’m pretty anxious to resolve this.

Happens to me also every time. Really, every time. What changes is how many tries I need until I get a stable connection (between like 3 and 15). After that the app works really very good!

StrokerRED
    Participant

It had been consistant until this last gig this weekend. It connected and stayed connected the first time, all night. I hadn’t changed anything from last week to this week. No updates of either the app or the board. Very odd.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

That’s indeed very odd.
    Did you have less devices connected or was is exactly the same?

The latest beta version of the app has a more sophisticated timeout detection as well as an background reconnect in case the connection was lost.

StrokerRED
    Participant

Exactly the same, I was gonna bring it in and update everything, but now I don’t want to touch it.

Profile photo of D. Gauss
    D. Gauss
    Participant

same disconnect problems here for me as well. using qu-pac on 1.82 firmware. did several gigs with no issues at all using a kindle fire mini tablet, then last week, the mixing station app auto updated and all went to hell. ended up doing whole gig with qu-pac front panel as i wasn’t able to reliably connect with the fire, nor my android phone, nor a lenovo tablet. this is with the devices literally sitting on top of the router too, as we mix from the stage.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Which app version are you using?
    Did you tried the latest beta? It uses a new reconnect mechanism and timeout detection.

https://bugs.dev-core.org/w/ms/beta

I don’t use the “playstore” and want to keept it that way. Could you link the beta apk on your site?

How can I donate if I don’t use amazon or google plaything?

Profile photo of jhb1982
    jhb1982
    Participant

Unfortunately I won’t get the chance for the next couple of weeks but will let you know if it works for me.

In the meantime I’d be interested if it solves it for others.

Anecdotally, I don’t think it affected my android phone, just my tablet, so I wonder if the root cause is tied to hardware, maybe WiFi chipset or fw etc?

Profile photo of jhb1982
    jhb1982
    Participant

Tried briefly yesterday using the beta version and didn’t experience any issues.

Will let you know how it goes with more extensive use but for now it looks to be resolved, thanks! 🙂

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Been playing….

Installed RTAndroid on a Raspberry Pi 3, added Google Apps using adb, then installed Mixing Station Pro.

In Offline mode I’ve set up a monitor mixer for the QU using a BCF2k (8 faders, rotary controllers and buttons galore)

Two observations.
    – Configuring a Midi desk is a right PITA
    – There is no option to select LR as the SoF mix. It might go back if you deselect the current mix, but an LR option would be nice (basically turning off SoF)

I’ll test it today, connected via ethernet…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.