Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I’m on firmware 1.93.

Your shelf EQ visualization is much too steep. I can confirm that A@H’s is accurate, it starts affecting a 200 Hz tone when you set it anywhere right of the minimum. I would prefer your slope, it could do a halfway job toward replacing the missing high pass on outputs. πŸ™‚

Yes, I’d love to have the Qu-Drive function be optional, for more accessible units.

nottooloud
    Participant

Found another hole in the communications. If I do an EQ reset on the mixer, press Reset and EQ enable, MSP doesn’t see it. Then if I change an EQ parameter in MSP, the mixer jumps from flat to that old value.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

I think I did find a little bug in the new mixer/USB-routing window: In the offline version it doesn’t start with USB 1 – 1 but with USB 2 -1 -> USB 3 – 2 and so on… it ends with USB 17 QuDrv – 16

In the connected mode (or also if I change the settings in the offline mode to the “correct” base-routing USB 1 – 1, USB 2 – 2 and so on…) there is a fault on USB 19 or better said in the 2L channel. I have the routing in connected mode USB 19 – 2L, USB 20 – 2R, but the app shows USB 18 Qu Drv with 1R AND ALSO USB 19 with 1R, 2L is not possible to choose. 2L is nowhere possible to choose!

The routing on the A&H ist correct, but the display of the routing in the app is incorrect concerning channel 2L. 2L is not selectable…

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Hello David,

I tried your app on my android phone (nexus 6P, Android 8.1.0)
    I am connecting ok to the router
    The mixer IP is 192.168.1.100, but I can’t connect with your Mixing Station Qu (Could not connect: failed to connect to …. EHOSTUNREACH..)
    The Search button is an infinite Searching…

Do you have an idea what this can be?

Regards,

Dan

nottooloud
    Participant

What IP address is your phone?

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

You are sure, your mixer has …100? I think, you cannot find it in the A&H network setup, if I remember right. I think I took DHCP enabled with the router connected with the LAN-cable to the A&H and I have another IP, then connected the Android with the router and then tried “search” with the Mixing App, until it did find the A&H… but I am not absolute shure about this in the moment, because not sitting in front of the A&H…

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

The router has DHCP activated
    The QU-PAC always get the reserved IP address 192.168.1.100
    The phone got 101…

Strange.. I have reboutted the router and now it is working…

Will see next time on live situation….

By the way, the RTA on the EQ page is the big plus of the APP

A&H? Why you not inspire πŸ™‚

nottooloud
    Participant

By the way, the RTA on the EQ page is the big plus of the APP

I agree. I bought my QU-32 and am selling my Soundcraft Impact *because* of the app.

nottooloud
    Participant

I’d love to see you implement local scene saving on the tablet. There’s no offline editor available, and MSP could fill that role. It’s also become really hard to find USB sticks that even work for Qu-Drive data, let alone recording, making it impossible to transfer or archive scenes, and MSP could fill that role.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

USB-Stick Sandisc Extrem 32GB works without problems until now…

David, did you get forward with the USB-routing-screen-failure?

nottooloud
    Participant

USB-Stick Sandisc Extrem 32GB

The USB 3.0 one does. The 3.1 version that replaces it doesn’t.

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Really??? That’s crazy! I hate this USB problems of the A&H QU Series! Already had this trouble with multitrackrecording to a Windows-Laptop, see thread

https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/qu-24-electrical-noises-during-streaming/page/8/#post-68799

I bought 2… hope they will live as long as the A&H… otherwise I have to take a external harddisk (La Cie 1 TB), this works also…

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Ahhh, just got the next update of the Mixing Station App. The USB-routing-window bug is fixed now! Perfect! And implementation of Qu-Drive functionalities… that becomes better and better!!! I love this app! Thanks to David!!!!!

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Latest version until now: V 2.04 (56). It includes FX-support, routing-access, scenes-access and two modes of connection:

Qu-Pad mode: To have Qu-Drive record possibility. Max. connection of 2 devices are possible.
    Qu-You mode: NO Qu-Drive record, but until 8 (10?) devices are possible to be connected.

Great app!!! Especially the custom layers are great! You can choose every fader you need and store it as a custom layer with certain description text. A great thing for clear presentation on the tablet. I love this app!!!

And I did buy a sandisk extreme USB 3.0 16 GB stick (32 GB is outsold at this time) and 2 Transcend USB 3.0 32 GB Sticks from the compatibility list of Allen&Heath
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e3mSSxoyEkVIAUZaCRzJkfvj2lveSQ1iXsn8eDvY_dU/edit#gid=1850366197

… to have enough sticks for the future, befor their are sold out πŸ˜‰

nottooloud
    Participant

David, would it be possible to add Follow Console, like the X32 version has?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.