Qu Android app, anyone interested?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu Android app, anyone interested?

This topic contains 206 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of davidgiga1993 davidgiga1993 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

I began to test the Beta… Great work!!! Thank you very much! Some smaller bug’ies are still there: The Mix LR Channel is written as ST1, the same like the real ST1. Already told this to David. And the Offline Version without connection to the mixer still has some crashs, but not the connected program. And it is possible to connect more than one android device!!! More implementations will follow, as recording commands, changing the FX-machines etc…. But until now I am very glad already! It is absolutly worth to spend the money for the Pro-version for this fantastic work of David to support him and his work!

Profile photo of davidgiga1993
    davidgiga1993
    Participant

Thanks for testing Frank!
    I uploaded a small update today which fixes the issues you named and adds access to the out of the box FX presets. The custom FX presets will follow very soon.
    Did anyone already had a chance to test with a Qu-SB/Pac?

Profile photo of Frank
    Frank
    Participant

Thanks, installed the newest beta-update… my remarks are fixed now! Perfect!!! I tested with A&H QU 16. More testing in the next days on weekend… :-). Had a bad cold the last 3 days 🙁

Profile photo of SRD
    SRD
    Participant

My tablet is prompting me to update this. Are we out of the beta stage now?

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Yes the “big” beta has been released.
    Access to all FX and A&H FX presets is already implemented.

The next update will add FX user preset management and maybe add Qu-Drive functionality

Profile photo of SRD
    SRD
    Participant

Thanks for the confirmation David. Love this app.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Just discovered this app. Long-time MSP user on X32 and X-Air. One of the venues I mix at has a QU, and I’ve never really gotten on with it. So much better now.

The RTA is on the EQ, where it belongs. Huzzah!
    I’ve been bugging David to port in the Soundcraft Impact, but I think I’m just going to jump to Allen Heath instead.
    I assume/hope he’ll be doing the SQ series, as well.

Minor nits:
    App crashes if I use it to change/browse FX and scroll all the way down.
    In offline mode, it crashes immediately on long-hold to change FX.
    Editing layout, button names don’t happen. They’re self-assigned.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Thanks! The crashes will be fixed with the next update. I’m working on the Qu-Drive functionality atm.

SQ: Yes it’s planned to develop an SQ series version. It seems like the protocol used by the SQ is pretty similar.

Regarding the Soundcraft Impact: I already got a internal prototype for the Soundcraft Expression. In general the protocol used by the soundcraft mixers is faster to implement since there is at least some documentation available.

Profile photo of alexraptis
    alexraptis
    Participant

Thank you man…. im a qu user and I wait for tthe update

nottooloud
    Participant

David, on the QU-32, gate and comp meter display don’t work on channels 25-32.
    25 & 26 show extreme reduction, and none of those 8 channels GR displays respond.
    Controls all seem to work, it’s just the metering.

Is there a better place than here for bug reports?

nottooloud
    Participant

I also seem to be topped out at 2 devices, which may be since this update that just happened. I thought I had three running before.

There’s a possible hole in communications between the mixer and MSP. I set up a mix on Mix 5/6, did a Copy Mix, and pasted that mix to 7/8 and 9/10. MSP didn’t update. I had to disconnect and reconnect for it to show the changed mixes.

Profile photo of gmixz
    gmixz
    Participant

i can’t connect my qu32 with my mixing station it’s saying storage error

nottooloud
    Participant

Have you used it before? Seems like I get that first time I run the app on a new device, before it’s set up its directories.

davidgiga1993
    Participant

Thanks I’ll take a look at the gain reduction issue. Which FW version are you using?

In the latest version there is a limit for 2 devices. Thats because certain data for QuDrive can only be accessed when identifying as ipad. I’ll add an option in the future so you can disable QuDrive access. This will allow the old ~6 devices in parallel (+2 iPads).

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

David … I love your app – thank you.

I downloaded v2.03 which was supposed to fix the DCA sync problem but doesn’t seem to have done so. Will you be taking a second look at this issue?

I LOVE the customization feature and the FX library access feature !!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.