Qu-24 Track Numbering is wrong (Core Audio/Reaper)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-24 Track Numbering is wrong (Core Audio/Reaper)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of gravyface gravyface 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gravyface
    gravyface
    Participant

Noticed that channel 21 on the Qu-24 corresponds to Channel 23 on Reaper on Mac; haven’t tried another DAW, but since it’s Core Audio, I’m assuming it would be the same.

22 is channel 22, 23, is 24, etc. Bit confused by this and wondering what the reasoning/logic is behind this.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

You’re free to patch USB streams to any channel you prefer. Stream 17/18 is allocated to L/R by default and stereo recording using local QuDrive. Check out chapter 11.18 “I/O Patch Setup – USB Audio” in The Manual.

gravyface
    Participant

Hmm, I don’t recall messing around with the streaming channels, so I’m wondering why by default it would be bumped by 2 (21 to 23) on the USB output streaming. Will have to take a look and see what’s up there.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

The defaults are sort of legacy from Qu16, where the internal QuDrive records 16+2 channels, which are mapped to 1..16+L/R by default. To avoid remapping for stereo recording, QuDrive just uses channels 17/18 as a recording source.
    QuDrive still records 16+2 channels on Qu24/Qu32/QuPac and consequently uses the same channel assignment from Qu16.
    And since same channel assignment is used for USB streaming to a DAW, you’ll get L/R on streams 17/18 by default and remaining channels follow from stream 19 (which is mapped to channel 17 by default).
    If you never touched the channel assignment for USB this is exactly what you get, but you’re free to re-patch it whatever you prefer.
    If you’re using scenes you may want to set a global filter on output patch, otherwise that would be reverted whenever you recall a scene (may be handy to switch complete setups but will be a nightmare if multiple scenes are used during a concert).

gravyface
    Participant

Ah ok. I appreciate the breakdown; definitely going to tweak that and save it as a scene.

Loving the Qu-24 so far: so much power, configurability, just scratching the surface.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.