QU 24 Scene Safe Question

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU 24 Scene Safe Question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SRD SRD 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thale5109
    thale5109
    Participant

Hello all,

I apologize if this has already been answered before. I did a search and read the manual but didn’t really find an answer to my question, unless I skimmed over it. My church has the QU-24 mixer that we bought a few months ago and I am one of two people on the admin user account. Is there a way to lock a scene from being saved over? For instance, Scene 1 is our regular Sunday morning setting, which is recalled every Sunday. Is there a way to prevent someone from saving over that scene if they change the settings for that day? I have told our volunteers if they have to save the settings to save them to a different scene, but in case someone forgets and tries to save it over Scene 1, I would like to block it from being saved, but can still recall Scene 1 as it is now. Thank you for your help!

Thomas

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

When you set up access for non admin users, you can restrict which scenes they can access, but also have a default scene outside that range that the desk starts up with when the log in.
    I’d also keep a copy of any important scenes on a pen drive for backup.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Also keep a backup at the other end of the list…

Profile photo of thale5109
    thale5109
    Participant

Thank you for your quick replies! I have already saved a copy of the scene onto a flash drive, and whenever I as the admin make changes to Scene 1 and save it, I always save another copy on Scene 50, just in case. I was just wondering if there was a way to prevent them from saving over that scene. They need access to that scene, as that is our regular Sunday morning setting scene, I just want to prevent them from saving something over top of that. Also, I have a non-related question, but it would keep from starting another thread. When recording to the QU-Drive in multitrack, can I play the tracks straight back from the hard drive that the tracks recorded to? Or do I have to connect the hard drive to my computer, drag the files to the play folder, and then connect the hard drive back to the Qu Drive? Just seems like a lot of unnecessary steps if I couldn’t play them straight back from the drive without doing anything else.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You can play the files straight back – I don’t much like the QU playback mechanics (not particularly easybtransport controls) but for straight play through it works fine.

Don’t know if a way to lock the scene.
    Best way is possibly to routinely overwrite scene 2 when you load scene 1?

Profile photo of SRD
    SRD
    Participant

Why not just limit other user’s access to scene 50 only, and if they edit anything, then simply copy scene 1 back into 50 after the event, restoring to default.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.