Qu-24 LCD Touch Screen Panel Flashing & Faulty

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-24 LCD Touch Screen Panel Flashing & Faulty

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jake Jake 8 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Audiosure
    Audiosure
    Participant

Hi A&H Forum members,

Has anyone had a faulty Qu Digital Console LCD touch screen go on the blink?

We have a Qu-24’s LCD touch-screen that started deteriorating by flashing all along the bottom of the screen. It blocked out the bottom touch screen preset menu.

Then when you toggle between other screens then square blocks that are not part of the layout screen could be seen as if they were in the background.

When you start the shut down process, the entire screen flashes & changes colour, depicting faulty flashing distorted images & colours.

The desk is on the latest firmware & was working on the new update for a couple of hours & shows.
    The desk was not being used live but merely during a training session whereby Main Left & Main Right were connected to two studio monitors only.

Nothing else was connected to the desk except a stereo jack insert into ST3, & a flashdrive into Qu-drive.

Trust someone can comment & advise?

Profile photo of Jake
    Jake
    Participant

When I updated the Qu-Pac firmware up to date from 1.71, which it shipped with to 1.82 the touch screen flickered. I calibrated the touch screen and then recalibrated it to the default calibration setting and the flickering stopped.

Profile photo of Jake
    Jake
    Participant

There are some differences in the two scenarios. Your touch screen worked fine for a bit after the update and then deteriorated and mine flickered immediately after the firmware update. Secondly, you experienced much more deterioration in function than I did. Of course, the calibration trick worked so the mixer was not affected for as long.

Was the function of the control surface or (if you had a router connected), QuPad affected as well?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.