Qu-24 and Qu-16 as one console

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-24 and Qu-16 as one console

This topic contains 26 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DjBear DjBear 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

QU-24 and QU-16 consoles as one desk with QU-YOU and Mixing Station softwares.

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

The picture:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Einstein
    Einstein
    Participant

Amazing gear!!!
    How do you di it?
    Can you teach me, please?

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

I used this solution in big events, when there was a large drum set, 5 other percussions, bass guitar, choir, 3 singers, 4 keyboards, 2 violins 1 flute, 1 oboe, 2 sitars, 1 derbuka, etc. on stage, and I needed 40 channels. On the digital stage box I patched MIX5-6, 7-8, and 9-10 from the QU-24 to the 3 stereo inputs of QU-16, so I could make 3 groups for the 11 channel drum set, the other percussions, and the choir. The others were connected to QU-16, so I could use all the MIXes of the QU-16 for monitor mixing. The main L-R went to the sound processors and L-RAY systems.
    On the screens of the four 10″ tablets on the flight case show the signals of the channels (QU-YOU software), the 12″ tablets on the sides runs the Mixing Station QU android software, one for the QU-24, one for the QU-16, and the a real time sound spectrum analyzer, named Spectroid.
    I am happy to help, just ask, and I try to answer.

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

You can see this installation a bit more detailed on this film.

Profile photo of Einstein
    Einstein
    Participant

I´m impressed with your video and your work.
    Congratulations!
    Day after day I love my Qu.

Thanks for your time sharing your experience.

Alberto Arias is my name and I live in Colombia, South America.
    http://www.lixosd.com to know about my small heavy metal label.

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Hi Alberto!
    I’m Leslie Cobbler, I work in Hungary. I think QU system is perfect for many kind of bands and events. There are a lot of productions with small budget, but you can always solve the problems by a little brain work 🙂
    We developed more installations for the QU system with two or three QU consoles, sound card and midi mixer as a group module, etc.
    If I can help you any ways, please let me know.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Wow ! Impressive….

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Dear David Giga, on behalf of many QU console users I’d like to thank you for your amazing work with Mixing Station softwares!
    I know the East-Europian area very well and I can tell, there are a lot of sound masters, who can not allow to buy iPads for work. So you gave us a very useful and perfect solution. Thanks again.

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

Did you paint you slider knobs?

Qu24 and AB168

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

I’ve ordered the colour knobs.

Profile photo of LostViking09
    LostViking09
    Participant

This is madness! I love it!
    Could I ask where are you mostly working in Hungary? Just becouse I’m hungarian too

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Sound engineering is my second profile. The last 7 years I was working with Gandharvák orchestra in MOM, MÜPA, etc. Now I might support a rock band but I’m open to any new possibility.

Profile photo of rlandman
    rlandman
    Participant

Quick question. Can you share the specs of the colored fader slider caps and a good place to buy them?

Profile photo of DjBear
    DjBear
    Participant

Well, it was 8 years ago, when I ordered those colour knobs, but if you type “slide fader knobs” in a browser, you can find a lot of matches. The most important that you have to know the size of the gap on the bottom of the knob, because there are many kind, looking the same type.
    I tried to search “fader knobs for allen and heath” and I also found matches.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.