QU 16 with OldSkool Multicore?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU 16 with OldSkool Multicore?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Victor Kennedy Victor Kennedy 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Victor Kennedy
    Victor Kennedy
    Participant

Hello,

My first visit here.

I’m 99% decided to buy a new QU16 in a few days time, and am wondering about multicores.

When in my home studio it will be on my work bench in front of me, and so the input/outputs will be hard to access seeing that they’re on the back of the unit.
    As I can’t afford to but any of the D-Snake boxes available from A+H I’m wondering if I can use an old skool Multicore to just have it permanently going into the XLRs and Jack inputs on the QU16, and so then have easier access for when I want to connect a mic or guitar or such to the unit for recording.

What I mean is to completely ignore the D-Snake thing, and to also be able to have XLR AND Jack inputs, which it seems the AB186 etc don’t have…they only have XLR.

I hope I’ve made this clear and appreciate any suggestions for an affordable alternative to paying $1k or more for the A+H boxes.

Thanks in advance…

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Yes, you can use any analog snake, though dealing with a long snake on your work bench might not be fun. If you’re handy with a soldering iron, you could make your own input panel. Those combination XLR-1/4” jacks would make a very versatile one.

Profile photo of Victor Kennedy
    Victor Kennedy
    Participant

Thanks Gary, good news. I’ll either make a short loom myself or see if I can find a 2nd hand one with a ‘box’ ‘n all on the end.
    Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.