Qu-16 USB streaming dropping out

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-16 USB streaming dropping out

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Fabiocarissimi Fabiocarissimi 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

Hey all, wondering if anyone’s encountered this issue before?

I’m using my Qu-16 (firmware v1.9) as an interface with my macbook pro running 10.9.5. It used to work perfectly, but just today it’s started to suddenly drop out, i.e. it stops receiving audio from the macbook, regardless of which ST track I return on. It’s not the DAW, system sounds don’t return either. It still receives mic input just fine. Unplugging the usb and replugging seems to fix it temporarily, but it just happens again 2 minutes later. I’ve tried switching out the usb cable for another, still happening.

Nothing’s changed in my setup, as I said it’s been working perfectly for over a year. This is making me tear my hair out, if anyone has any idea’s on what’s going on here I’m all ears!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

My guess is not that it’s the Qu is not receiving but the Mbook that’s not putting out.

What recent changes if any in your setup? Any auto-updates?

Profile photo of Alan P
    Alan P
    Participant

Hi Rob did you find a fix for this? i am having the same problem? Mine was working fine last time i tried it a few months back (before i updated the Q.U. 16 to firmware 1.90)

Profile photo of Scomer
    Scomer
    Participant

I Also have this issue. And Have not found any fix. But its crippling the workflow so bad that I can´t rely on this system.
    So any fix or idea would just be lovely.

Came after upgrading to FW 1.90

QU-16 fw. 1.90
    OSX 10.11.6

Profile photo of Scomer
    Scomer
    Participant

Ok, good news. Apparently upgrading from El Capitan 10.11.6 to Sierra 10.12.2 it no longer corrupts my recordings with hiss´, pops, and screeches every 10-20 seconds while recording into logic or reaper (making it impossible to work with).

I do not know if this will help everybody and I wish the best of luck.
    Maybe the FW 1.90 was written for OSX Sierra. One can only guess.
    Ps, remember to backup all your stuff before upgrading!

Profile photo of Fabiocarissimi
    Fabiocarissimi
    Participant

Hi everybody
    I’m having similar issues with my Qu-16, fw 1.95, used as a Usb audio interface on both my macbook pro, 2012 and 2015, running High Sierra.

Sometimes, while i’m in playback via usb B (using reaper, spotify, youtube and even finder) it randomly loose connection so I can hear sound from built in output for a few second, and then automatically goes back to normal.
    Other times my computer stop recognising it, interrupting my recording (Reaper), and i have to turn off and back on the consolle.
    Even worst sometimes it start scratching and popoing untill I mute the output amd restart the Qu-16.

Did you guys have similar issue with the latest firmware? Do know any workaround? I tried two computer, tried different cables, i tried both a usb2 and a usb3 hub. Any idea? Somebdy solved with an os update? (I’d prefere not to update because high sierra is faster but of course if somebody know it works…)

Thanks a lot

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.