Qu-16 Mute Groups to USB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-16 Mute Groups to USB

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of benniii
    benniii
    Participant

dear all,

when recording my Qu-16 via USB, the state of mute-keys seems to recorded, too (– which i like!).
    yet, the mute groups don’t seem to have an effect on the recording. can anybody explain this to me? and is there a way to enable these groups when recording?

i hope i’m making myself clear 🙂
    thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Benniii,

When a channel is recorded in Direct Out mode you have a few more options, such as enabling ‘Follow Mute’. This means that when the channel is muted, it will also be muted for the USB audio bus.

Thanks,

Alex

Profile photo of benniii
    benniii
    Participant

heii alex,

thanks for your help! my CH/ST SOURCE in the USB Audio tab is set to “direct out”, but i can’t find a setting for “follow mute”..
    the mutes how ever seem to be “followed” in my recording… it’s just the mute groups.

any idea? thanks!

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Benniii,

I’m afraid the desk doesn’t do this at the moment, but I have passed it on and it will be considered to add an option for this in a future firmware release.

As a work around, multiple mutes can be controlled simultaneously using MIDI. If this interests you please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and I can help you set this up.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.