Problems with scenes using QU-16 and QU-SB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Problems with scenes using QU-16 and QU-SB

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I’d check the scene filters. Maybe you’ve enganged something to “not change FX”, so FX is missing when imported to a fresh device. Did you check what happens when recalling such a Missing FX Scene while FX currently working? And I’d check the routing from the Mic input to the FX engine. Maybe its simply not assigned or fader down for that channel.
    Still think its some routing thing, not a hardware issue.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

The plonker of the month award goes to me! 🙂

Regarding the QU-16 not recognising it’s own scenes, not the case at all. As Andreas pointed out above, you have to select the location first before selecting the scene you want, why this simple task evaded me, God only knows. I wouldn’t mind but I had to do the exact procedure when transferring the scenes into the QU-SB.

So all those scenes are back where they belong.

As for the QU-SB not allowing any vocal FX through, again, as Andreas pointed out above, and after talking to a friend and colleague last night who owns an X32, and who also pointed out the possible problem, I had the FX “Safed”. So I unchecked that, saved it and then copied it across to the SB and Hey Presto, that works as normal.

I awoke at 6am this morning thinking about this dilemma, simple things sometimes become the hardest.

Thanks again to all those who chipped in.

🙂

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ed3zb7nasf1s7f/All%27s%20Well.mp4?dl=0

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

glad you solved it. Restoring scene using iPad (Qu-SB) may differ from restoring using the desk’s UI (non Qu-SB).

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

It may well be, Andreas.

At least I/we know it isn’t a defective unit.

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.