Problems with IP8

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Problems with IP8

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BILDIC BILDIC 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Hi.
    Ok – can someone help me here?
    I do NOT own a Surface – i have 2 IP8s instead – connected with an Lenovo Yoga via a Switch.
    I dont know if it has something to do with Software 1.5 but i think since then i have problems with the IP8s.
    I did configure them under the “Surface” Tab – so that i have the SEL button available.
    If i start Director – the IP8 are coming online and working fine – but if i go online with Director and sync with my Mixrack the IP8 stop working.
    The screens are working – but if i want to change a layer – it does not respond – and the faders start to tremble.
    I did not change anything on my switch or Laptop – it was working fine before.
    Also did i try to configure it under the Mixrack tab – by giving them separate IP Adresses of course – and there they are working fine.

So my Switch is an Zyxel GS1200-5hp – i give it the IP Adresse 192.168.1.254 Subnet 255.255.255.0
    My Mixrack hast the IP 192.168.1.70 – subnet is set to 255.255.255.0 and Gateway is 192.168.1.254 (the switch)
    My IPs have the IP 192.168.1.50 and …51 with subnet 255.255.255.0 and Gateway 192.168.1.254
    My Laptop has the IP 192.168.1.10 and the subnet 255.255.255.0 and the Gateway 192.168.1.254

Tried to change the CAT cables with no success.

Any help would be great.
    Thanks.
    Albin

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Albin,

Could you try changing the switch IP address to something like x.x.x.130 whilst leaving the gateway address on the individual devices at x.x.x.254?

Jack

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Hello Jack.
    Did so – made no difference. Upgradet to 1.51 – also no difference.

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hi Albin,

Do you get the same behaviour if you only attach one IP8?

Jack

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Yes, tried it as u said.
    Also with one Controller.
    I also tried another Switch – same behavior.
    Also if i change the IPs from one IP8 to the other – no change. 1 keeps working – the other one not.
    Video

I made a Video that shows that the moment i sync Director to the MixRack one IP8 stoos working. Weirdly – the other one keeps working.

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

Small update. It seems that Layer change is not working.
    If i press a button this is working normal on the first layer.

Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

Hello Albin,
    We would like to buy second IP8 but from your post 2 IP8 are not working together.

Did you figured out solution for using 2x IP8?

Thanks

Profile photo of Albin
    Albin
    Participant

I was in contact with A&H Support and they could reproduce the error. Its a big that will be fixed in near future i hope.
    This is just happening if the IP8 (1 or 2 dont matter) has mixed Channels on its layer (a mix of Inputs, Mixbusses, FX…) and is assigned under the surface tab.
    If assigned to the Mixrack its working fine.

So buy a second IP8 – it gets fixed…

Albin

Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

Thanks for replay

Profile photo of BILDIC
    BILDIC
    Participant

Hello

Do you have any trick to set IP 8 in director sel or mix, etc.

For example :
    When i choose channel 28 and change function from pafl to sel, it will automatically reset the channel to 1 and change input to DCA.
    Then i have hard to change on touchscreen/mouse channel 1 to channel 28. When i change DCA back to input, channel will again reset to 1.

Is there any other way to change only function pafl to sel or mix without hard problematic settings step by step?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.