PL6 MIDI Question

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions PL6 MIDI Question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Okay… Still working on assigning an input to a stereo aux via the PL6. Yes, I go through a lot of duct tape to keep my head from exploding…

I know that I can assign a button on a PL6 to send a custom MIDI command. If I use the iLive MIDI protocols, can I send a command via the PL6 that will assign an input to a stereo aux? Would this example work?

(custom midi command entered in PL6 button assign text box in editor)

B1,63,20,B1,62,2E,B1,06,7F

where B1,63,20 assigns channel 1 to B1,62,2E Aux 1 and B1,06,7F turns it on

Any help/suggestions appreciated and welcomed!!

Hello? Did everyone stop coming to the forum because the dlive came out and now the ilive was a mistake of tens of thousands of dollars?????

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Larry,
    Sorry no one got back to you on this one before. As Jeff said in another thread, if you require technical support you should contact our local distributor for assistance or submit a ticket to our UK Support team here: https://www.allen-heath.com/support/productsupport/tech-support-2/

Looking at the MIDI protocol though, channel assignment to a mix is not supported. I can only see channel assignment to the Main mix. However you can control the send level so you could set the send to -inf or 0dB if that’s any good for your application? This would be:
    B0 63 20 B0 62 2E B0 06 00 (sets ch 1 send to Aux1 to -inf)
    B0 63 20 B0 62 2E B0 06 6B (sets ch 1 send to Aux1 to 0dB)

I’m using B0 since the default MIDI ch on iLive is 1 (from memory).
    Also note that 2E corresponds to Aux1 only when using the FOH-LRSub Template Show. The Snd identifier in the MIDI protocol depends on the bus configuration so in your current Show 2E might point to a Group, or a Matrix etc. – see the MIDI protocol for details.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.