Performance While Recording to PC

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Performance While Recording to PC

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

I’m trying to find the most reliable way to record services for our church. I’ve tried the qu-drive stereo recording using a few thumb drives but both drives weren’t up to the required write specs and gave me a few glitches. I used a portable drive this past Sunday and recorded multitrack. This worked fine. The problem here is I need to leave the hard drive at the church, so I attached it to the laptop we use for projection and transferred the folder containing the track files to a thumb drive also attached. This worked, but I’m pretty sure the USB ports are only 2.0. The 10GB folder took 20 minutes to transfer.

My next idea is to try recording to the laptop using DanZ’s Mixtools software. Since we also use the laptop to project song words using Easyworship software and sometimes videos, my question is will there be performance problems between recording and using the projection programs? Will one affect the other? (ie, will the recording software affect the projection software performance, or will the projection software cause problems with the recording?) Hopefully, transferring the files to the thumb drive will be faster going from the laptop’s drive to the thumb drive.

TIA

Gary

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

You don’t want to do anything vaguely stressing on a computer that is recording !

I’d find a well behaving (usb 3) thumb-drive and multitrack in Q-drive or get another external drive to leave at the church and use the one of which you know works ok.

Giga

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Giga, you’re probably right. Maybe I should just break down and order a few SanDisk Extremes from Amazon and be done with it. I was trying to source thumb drives from our local office supply store to save time (I thought they matched the compatibility database, but apparently they were a little different. Lexar and PNY drives).

Thanks

Gary

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

That’s what I’m using also, no complaints…

Giga

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Hmmm, that didn’t work….

Extreme drive

Giga

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Arghh, I’m thick !

Extreme drive

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.