Panorama for LR

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Panorama for LR

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wil Riker
    Wil Riker
    Participant

Feature suggestion for future updates: Please allow panorama control for LR (and other outputs) with the regular panorama control pot. Why is this function hidden in the routing section?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Yes – It took me a while (more than a minute) to find that last gig out (when speaker cable runs significantly affected the volume on one set of speakers)

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Look in the block diagram, particularly for the Qu-24/32. You’ll notice that some processing blocks have multiple pan/balance controls. Output balance is distinctly different in function to the input/group channel pan to a bus. How do you determine which to use where in an intuitive manner?

How often do you need to adjust the output balance, anyway?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

How do you determine which to use where in an intuitive manner?

I guess this is rather clear when a mix/LR is selected using the rightmost SEL button. It’s only a missing mapping to the Pan-pot.

How often do you need to adjust the output balance, anyway?

For that same reason I guess its wise to leave it slightly hidden, avoiding accidential change of pan while only thinking a channel is selected…

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

You didn’t look at the block diagram then? A group has both output balance and pan to LR. Also consider that every group, mix and LR also feeds stereo matrices. It’s not as clear cut as you describe above.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure I’ve looked into the block diagram, that’s why I think its pretty clear, at least for MIX and LR, Groups have three Pan/Bal…

When activating a MIX/LR bus on the right and choosing one of the inputs, then the pan knob controls the “Send Pan” for that particular channel+bus combination. When pressing SEL in the master section, then the knob controls the “OUT Balance”.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

But channel selection on the master strip and the banks are one and the same thing. If it adopted as you describe above, I think it could get very confusing. It’d in turn require a mechanism that differentiated selection from the banks from selection of the master strip. All for putting output balance on the pan knob? I’m happy enough tucking it away in the GUI. Maybe it just needs to be mirrored in the processing view?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Maybe it just needs to be mirrored in the processing view?

…and if its visible in the processing view, why not also map to the pot? Nothing else was requested.

anyway, still neither see the problem nor personally need it mapped directly. …but I’m happy to know its there, just in case…

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Personally, I’m more concerned with getting features added rather than simply moving existing controls around. I prefer it like it is simply because that particular adjustment should be done in setup. I neither require nor desire instant access for this and prefer to have to purposely access this feature, not have it lumped in with other pan features where (as mentioned) one might accidentally tweak the wrong thing.

My $0.02.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.