Options for 4 stereo IEM mixes?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Options for 4 stereo IEM mixes?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of debzdoodle debzdoodle 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GaryW
    GaryW
    Participant

I have the Qu-SB, there are 3 stereo monitor outputs (5&6, 7&8, 9&10).
    I’ve confirmed that I can’t stereo link monitor outs 1 thru 4.
    The drummer gets an ME-1, everyone else is happy with the Qu-you app.

It looks like I could set up a stereo Group and route it to Stereo-1 TRS outputs.
    It also looks like I won’t be able to use the Qu-you app to mix a group output.

Has anyone tried something like this?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

In the group set up menu change the group to operate in mix mode. In mix mode
    a group functions just like a stereo mix.
    To get the stereo output from that group now operating as an additional mix go into the matrix mix set up and bring up only the group that is now your new stereo mix. Use the 1/4 inch MTX1-2 outputs.

As for Q You control of a group operating as a mix I don’t know, never tried.

Profile photo of GaryW
    GaryW
    Participant

Thanks Mike!

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

At the moment, Qu-You doesn’t seem to be able to control Groups. Pretty sure I’ve seen this as a feature request.

I think you’ll have to have one of the band on a mono mix (or two if they’re not going to want to make a lot of quick changes).
    Or get another ME
    Or add another iPad/Android tablet & mix the group send on that.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I’ll add, based on my own mistake, do not have this particular group, routed to FOH LR. DUH!

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I have a question. I have not yet used the MTX on my QU PAC or felt the need to. Not really sure how to or why I would to be honest.
    Anyway, I assign one of my stereo mixes ( I need 4 total) to a group and I send that mix to Alt L R when not using my D snake and I assign to output 3 and 4 when I do. My question is this: would I benefit somehow by assigning that stereo mix to a MTX instead of to the ALT out??

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I don’t think it matters. There is no ALT LR on a QUsb, but the QUsb has a Mtx 1,2 right on the mixer. I think it is just a matter of what is convenient to get a “Grp” out of available hardware outputs. Someone else may suggest some other value of Mtx.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Thanks Barryjam. I don’t tend to use groups – mainly DCA’s so I probably wont benefit from the matrices very much..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.