Observations/requests

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Observations/requests

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RuneS RuneS 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kristian
    Kristian
    Participant

It’s not possible to scope the channel inputs in scenes, if you’re receiving GigaAce from a rack on stage (in my case the monitor desk). It’s only possible to scope the physical mic preamps in your local rack.
    This would be a useful feature for doing user buttons shifting between a main and an alternative input. In my case, I had a lead vocalist using 2 different microphones into 1 channel with a hardware compressor inserted.

You can’t double patch during virtual soundcheck.
    I split my tom-channels, which makes it possible to do a makeshift gates on/off by using extra channels as sidechain-inputs to the main channels. I sometimes split the snare-channel as well into a main snare and a sidestick snare channel. This isn’t possible now during virtual soundcheck, unless you actually use extra channels from your DAW and thus taking up extra channels in your MADI/Dante/whatever return.

Solo In Place!!!

Group to group-routing. Kick/snare-groups into main drum group etc.

MIDI-filtering/custom MIDI! I use Mainstage for all effects, receiving program changes from the dLive via the TCP/IP ethernet port.
    As it is, Mainstage receives all MIDI-info from the desk, including odd program changes from scenes above 128 which appears to be starting over again from PG change 1.
    Being able to filter out all MIDI info from faders/buttons/odd program changes and instead define a custom MIDI CC/PGCH/Note/whatever per scene would be most welcome.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the patching is not in the channel, patchbay is in “Other”

remember this is only for recall, every scene contains everything

Kristian
    Participant

The patchbay on Other is changing the global patch and not on per channel basis. This isn’t really useful for switching between an A and B input.

SteffenR
    Participant

it does the same… if you change one chanel it changes the patchbay as well… it has to
    that is the place where the changes are recalled or not

two different views for the same function

Kristian
    Participant

We’re in the forum for feature requests, not in the forum for troubleshooting.

SteffenR
    Participant

you request a feature that is already there…
    the patch recalls the complete patch… if there is one socket changed than it will only recall that one change

Profile photo of markhadman
    markhadman
    Participant

+1, I would also like to be able to only change the patch of certain channels – I’d like 64 of my channels to have their input patch recall-safed, the others to be dynamic. I don’t understand why, when everything else on the global recall grid is SO detailed, input patch just gets a single button!

SteffenR
    Participant

you just have to think it in the other direction…
    store a patch… then make everything recall safe except the input patch
    you can do that many times… and you can do that offline with Director

again and again… the scenes store everything, always…

to have a patch recall safe does nothing to the patch itself… it does not block any changes
    it only blocks the recall

if you set the recall safe for channel 1-64 then they changeable by the user and get not reset(recalled)
    any changes remain

Profile photo of markhadman
    markhadman
    Participant

I’m sorry Steffen, I simply want some inputs’ patch to be recall safe, and others not.

There are some ‘split’ channels that I want to be able to have patched differently from scene to scene, and there are some channels reserved for emergencies that I want to be able to repatch on-the-fly, and not have those changes subsequently changed by the scene recalls.

(This is a feature that I took for granted with Yamaha consoles)

Profile photo of RuneS
    RuneS
    Participant

FYI, from what I hear v1.8 will introduce alternative inputs (like on Soundcraft etc.). Whether or not they will expand recall filter options, that will resolve the specific issue that you have. (unless of course the input selection is not part of the recall filter or user button options…in which case it’s back to #1)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.