Newbie on GLD-80 Need Basic Help

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Newbie on GLD-80 Need Basic Help

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eeshen
    Eeshen
    Participant

Let me preface by saying our sound guy left the church and I’m picking up the slack and have only taken a 1-day course on sound mixing….

After messing around with the GLD-80, I have the basic understanding how to assign input channels to DCA groups.

However, I can’t figure out how to provide any effects to the input channels, even when I assign them to the effects channels (fader). I assume to add an effect to an individual input channel, I have to assign the input channels to an effects fader? But when I do this, no effects are heard.

How does the GLD work in regards to sending effects/DCA/Mix faders to the main output fader? I don’t see where that connection is made. In my mind, I assumed everything works by setting individual input channels to either a Matrix Mix, Group or DCA and then assigning the Matrix Mix, Group, or DCA fader to wherever (Main Out, etc…). Is this how it works?

Lastly, so I used the default template but I want to shuffle or remove some of the default, DCA groups, matrix mixes etc…basically the right side of the mixer. Where do I go for that?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Profile photo of Eeshen
    Eeshen
    Participant

Just figured this part out….so please disregard.

Lastly, so I used the default template but I want to shuffle or remove some of the default, DCA groups, matrix mixes etc…basically the right side of the mixer. Where do I go for that?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

take a look in the online help in the mixer or in the editor
    or read the quick start guide

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.