New to QU16 – please help me on couple of simple tasks

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting New to QU16 – please help me on couple of simple tasks

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BCEly BCEly 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of scottie
    scottie
    Participant

I am a guitarist and have just purchased the QU16 chrome for my band. I have set up channel1 lead vox, channel 2 and 3 backing vox, channel 4 keys, channel 5 guitar (micd from amp) and channel 6 bass (direct out from bass amp).
    I want to set the parameter for the 3 vocal channels to be Shure SM58 and the parameter for keys to be Keys setting etc.
    However when I go into channel 1 Fn button and select Shure SM58 vox I can’t see how you save it to that channel only. I say that because if i select it whilst in channel 1, when I get to the keys channel it seems to have changed it in there cos its highlighted in the keys channel. If I then change it on the keys channel to Keys, when I go back to view vox channel 1 it is highlighted as keys!

Secondly I want to apply a soft reverb to the 3 vocals channels only (playing in small pub venues so don’t want to much. Can someone explain simply step by step how I do this. Im really struggling to understand the allen and heath you tube clip.
    Anyones help is greatly appreciated.
    Scottie x

Profile photo of BCEly
    BCEly
    Participant

It’s quite straight forward and I think you’re getting confused.

When you ‘recall’ either a PEQ or a Channel setup from a library it gets applied to that channel but it then doesn’t ‘indicate’ that when you return to the channel so the last ‘library’ used will always be highlighted.

Easy test, make some ‘random’ change PEQ change to Channel 1 and then ‘recall’ the SM58 PEQ library. You should see the PEQ change to the one suggested for a SM58. Do the same with your Keys channel. Go back to the PEQ on the vox Channel 1 and you should see it’s unchanged and does not look the same as the keys channel.

For the reverb.

Assuming you have the reverb FX loaded into FX 1

select the FX1 and set the master slider to 0 – This is your master send to the FX processor. Then move the individual vox channel sliders to ‘send’ differing amounts of the signal into the FX processor. That the ‘dry’ vocal going in….

Now, press the L/R key and select the top ‘page’ (the one that starts ST1 and includes FX 1 Rtn etc)

Use the FX return slider to state how much ‘FX 1’ to ‘return’ into the L/R mix. That’s the ‘wet’ vocal with FX applied going into your mix

If you have VOX monitors on Mix 1 for example, you can select that mix instead of L/R and do the same to return some ‘wet’ vox into the monitors.

Profile photo of scottie
    scottie
    Participant

Thanks for that help, I will go and try that now.
    One more question. My two vocalists and keyboardist and myself use Shure 300 ear monitor system. I have two transmitters. The first is used in mix mode for the two vocalists and keyboardist. The second is used for me. With my old analogue yamaha mixer they were taken out of the aux outs. I assume with the QU16 to set these up I take them out the back panel mix outputs and then the mix buttons mix 1, mix 2, mix 3, mix 4 can be used to send the mix to the transmitter. Again can you give me an idiots guide to set these up and store them pleeeease.
    Scottie x

Profile photo of BCEly
    BCEly
    Participant

I’ve not used IEM before but I guess it’s the same principle as wedge monitors.

You have mix 1 thru 4 for mono outs and mixes 5/6, 7/8 and 9/10 stereo mixes. All at line level.

So just choose mix, set the ‘master’ level for the mix and then use the individual channel slides to output what you want in each mix.

Also, use the FX 1 return if you want some reverb in your ears.

You could also run in an ambient mic to pick up the room if you like some of that in your ears as well.

Profile photo of scottie
    scottie
    Participant

and how do you save that mix to the button?
    x

Profile photo of BCEly
    BCEly
    Participant

Pressing the mix button will return all faders to the position you have left them at but you don’t save a mix to a button.

If you want to save the current settings use the scenes function and also plug a USB flash drive in and backup your settings to that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.