New PC advice for best latency with Qu-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions New PC advice for best latency with Qu-32

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of perri meracelli perri meracelli 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of perri meracelli
    perri meracelli
    Participant

I dont need tech support reallly. I am about to buy a now PC , last now I had to buy a PCI til USB card.

Now, Is there a way I can lower the latency in the USB ? should i buy USB 3.1. Or hwhat brand , tower, or what coputer setup, you recomend for the lowes poosible

latency with the QU 32. I will bi using CUBASE, as I just erased the quite useless SONAR cakewalk thing .

thnks for hte advice. I owned this desk about 2 years now 🙂

perri meracelli
    Participant

or should I install also on my new PC a PI til USB ? is that faster ? thanks

and If you have other recomendations, for the motherboard, that will integrate and work smooth and without bugs etc. with CUBASE .

I am really tired of troubleshoting this terribel SONAR (Beta). I lost cutomers, work, and l LOT of time caused to this.
    thats why I am going for CUBASE know for stability . So , to optimize with the prober computer setup would be perfect .

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Search the forum for problems related to usb3 ports please !

Giga

Profile photo of rjeynes
    rjeynes
    Participant

There shouldn’t be any need to take special measures to lower USB latency with any reasonably modern PC motherboard.

I’d recommend an SSD and plenty of main memory if you want to run lots of softsythns/FX.

For example, with my Qu-24 I’m using a PC based on an old AsusP8Z77 motherboard with an Intel i5-3570K. 16GB and a 256GB SSD, and have never even come close to running out of steam even on very large projects.
    You can achieve low latency with the Allen & Heath ASIO driver using USB2 ports – it doesn’t need USB3.
    The Allen & Heath ASIO driver lets you easily configure the USB Audio Latency and buffer size, so you can balance between low latency and reliability.

This is all possible with Sonar, Cubase or any decent DAW: there’s nothing wrong with modern Sonar (except that Gibson have just announced the end of its life!) but you may need to experiment with the DMA or buffer settings in your DAW.

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

I wish I could even get mine working. I bought a new computer a Dell laptop with 16 GB of RAM with an AMD processor and discrete 20 USB controller and I have a noise comes in goes on the outside of my DAW. I use reason.

perri meracelli
    Participant

thanks for Ur help 🙂 Can anyone tell me. I am setting up a “live in studio” scene . I want to disable the studiominitors in this scen-setup, and use the Alt Outs, how can I route that in qu 32 ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.