New firmware AMM follow fader option

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions New firmware AMM follow fader option

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

At this point I have not updated my Qu mixers but I was wondering what the ”follow fader” control allows you to do when using the AMM.

I know with firmware version I’m running I can control the a mic channels overall level with the channel fader when that channel is in the AMM mode however even when turning that channel all the way down on channel fader the only removes it from the mix but that mic is still part of the AMM level mixing program algorithm even though that mic is not it in the main mix.

Does this new ”follow fader” option remove the mic from the AMM mix when the mics channel is turned all the way down.

Yes I know your going to tell me to just upgrade and find out for myself, but to be honest this AMM feature is about the only thing I could possibly see myself using anytime soon.

Thanks
    Mike C.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Does this new ”follow fader” option remove the mic from the AMM mix when the mics channel is turned all the way down.

Yes, that’s precisely what it does. It will make the sidechain feed to the AMM algorithm follow the corresponding fader level, so lower fader level = less contribution to the AMM.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thanks for the info.

Mike C.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.