Name input channels

Forums Forums ME Forums ME feature suggestions Name input channels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jb12string jb12string 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

For those of us using an me1 with a qu16, where input channels can’t be named, it would be great to be able to name an input channel on the me1, similar to how keys are named.

E.g. I have set up a drum group, but the members of that group appear as channel numbers. It would really help to be able to name the members of the group.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Channel naming on the QU-16 seems like such a logical thing. It would solve many problems.

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

Yes I agree re qu16.

Naming in the me1 would also be relevant to users of third party digital desks which can’t send channel names to the me1

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Thanks for the suggestion, Martin.

The idea with 3rd party desks is that users would connect ME-1 units via the ME-U, which allows naming and stereo linking via its web interface. This information is then transmitted on to the attached ME-1 units.

Cheers

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

Ok thanks Jeff.

MEU is an expensive option when I only have 2 ME1s!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for channel naming on the QU16

Cheers
    Martin

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

Also would be a plus for those of us who have to blow the budget on the ME-1s and can only afford a $200 PoE switch instead of a $1300 ME-U

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.