My qu-sb's wishes for christmas

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions My qu-sb's wishes for christmas

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Hi all 🙂
    Dear santa,
    Processing:
    -Hpf on all mixes (+a polarity switch would be great)
    -for all PEQ’s(in and out):add the possibility to select peak/shelf/AND LPF filter on the 4th band

Qu-pad app:
    -report the mix/group/fx name on the mix/group/fx send buttons
    -add choice of colors in the naming section

Scene and global filters :The custom layers are not saved in the scene programs with the qu-sb. The allow/block button doesn’t work. Bug? Or is it only for real faders layers on qu-16/24/32? I understand that the custom layers are only in the ipad and the ipad is only a remote control, so the qu-sb ignore my custon layers
    In short dear santa,could you please fix it or add it? 😉

Ok i’m new here it was my first post i’m from france (as you can see my english) and very happy to join the community.
    (Plzzzz hpf and lpf!!!!! So important!!)
    Thxx

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The SB has no layers, but being able to save layers on QuPad would be welcome…

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Yes..it makes sense and after all i have 6 layers with my 2 ipad wich is confortable and ergonomic..
    by the way: ability to name them would be clearer for quick access.(especially when using 2 ipad!)
    (dear santa… )

Profile photo of Drummer Tom
    Drummer Tom
    Participant

Not being a religious person, I’ll say it anyway….. Amen!

I have been asking for HPF’s on outputs since the day I got mine….. (almost a year now!)

I’m hoping someone at A&H bothers to read this and pays attention…

Profile photo of Drummer Tom
    Drummer Tom
    Participant

BTW, I have a Qu-Pac, but I believe the function is the same.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

And if we can name things, how about the mix buttons on the iPad… heck, even if they just raw truncate the mix name…

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

And while we’re at the “naming game”, how about a way to give the MTK files a name to discern them from one and another without having to use some sort of memory aid.

Giga

Profile photo of GaryW
    GaryW
    Participant

I add my name to the ‘Dear Santa’ requests above!

Profile photo of Simon
    Simon
    Participant

Yes, LPF & HPF on the outputs PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! 🙂 Then I can throw my faulty Driverack in the bin!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes, LPF & HPF on the outputs PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! 🙂

So there it is!
    Most QU users want these!

Surely it must be similar, within the programming of all of the range of our beloved QU operating system?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Xyz – I’m not sure we can say ‘most’

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

ok
    Lets withdraw the ‘most’
    Most All lots 500 5000

Originally in typing I said all.. then amended it to most
    so
    now
    lets say 500. A very conservative estimate in a scale in a world wide earthly scenario

So generally from my observation in past posts’ [plural] about requesting high low filters on out-puts… it appears that within this forum there seems to be some positive energy towards audio guys wanting this ability in the QU series of digital mixers.
    This has been talked about for the last 3 years.
    So its probably not going to happen!

NZdave
    xyz

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I would be surprised if we don’t see a new version of the QU or some new name at Winter NAMM. It’s time for something new and especially since they’ve just about abandoned updates for QU and GLD. Only thing is I hope the current stage boxes will work on anything new.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

Gcumbee …

I hope the current stage boxes will work on anything new

you got that right!
    However, with a simple understanding of logic and marketing, it is expected that their purple and “newer” black boxes will NOT be compatible. They will start advertising the typical crap about the new MIC PREEEES and how much quieter and cleaner they are. They will give them some new patented name and of course recording engineers with their noses in the air, (not me though) will trash talk the preamps because they are not warm sounding, Geeez ;(

If the old boxes are compatible and A&H releases a replacement version of the Qu series they would loose a gob of money making everyone buy new stage boxes. I like my purple boxes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.