My Qu 16 don´t record EQ´s, Comp, etc,,,

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions My Qu 16 don´t record EQ´s, Comp, etc,,,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of miyke
    miyke
    Participant

Today I received the “Qu 16 Allen & heath” I went to my recording studio, connect it to my PC, install the necessary drivers, and started to use it … I purchased this mixer because I need to save the EQ, compression, preamp etc. in my recordings, and thus facilitate my work in the future, the problem is that this mixer does not allow me to record the treatment they give to the audio, ie, I need audio recording in my protools with the EQ that I give you in the mixer, but unfortunately the sound is recorded without treatment, so I need your help, I have only two options, exchange it for another mixer to work as I need it or undo the purchase, thank you for your attention and really appreciate your help …

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The recording take off point can be selected – see the manual page 66 (I/O Patch setup – USB Audio)

How to record a channel post preamp and also post compression

Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

The reason it is like that by default is that normally you would record dry and then you can play the signal back through the desk and mix all of those elements to your heart’s content and send it back to the computer or mix all in the DAW if you prefer.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I need to save the EQ, compression, preamp etc. in my recordings

You want to record the signals with the processing? Or you want to safe presets?

Profile photo of ljefe
    ljefe
    Participant

The OP would buy a mixer, hook it up for one day, return it for no good reason to try some random other mixer, then start the process all over again rather than read the slim, well written manual for his/her very nice $2,000 purchase? That’s a kind of lazy I cannot fathom.

“I have only two options, exchange it for another mixer to work as I need it or undo the purchase”

You always have a third option- learn something.

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

ljefe –

+1

-Tim T

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

well said

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.