Multitrack Record + Multitrack Playback simultaneously

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Multitrack Record + Multitrack Playback simultaneously

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This would be another killer feature you could implement. How convenient would it be to be able to re-record for example only the lead singer or the solist and let the rest of the recorded tracks be played back!
    For example: a band recording a demo in its rehearsal room wouldn’t need to carry a separate DAW to copy all the tracks to, mix there again, create a playback for the singer, etc. If you need a separate DAW you could just record everything with it from the beginning.

So being able to correct recordings by re-recording only selected tracks and playing back the rest of them would make this mixer the perfect killer band mixer!

Profile photo of GR-PDX
    GR-PDX
    Participant

I agree. This would also be useful for soundchecks; you could get a better idea of not only that an adjustment needs to be made on a given channel, but what kind and how much of an adjustment should be made.

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

If the Qu16 or Qu32 could be upgraded somehow to be used as a multitrack interface to a computer, it would be the perfect beast for live mixing AND studio recording and I simply would have to buy one tomorrow! 🙂

It doesn’t really need to have multitrack playback simultaneously as multitrack record down the USB cable – this is asking too much of the USB bandwidth.

I would be happy with the ability to record up to 16 channels simultaneously into Logic 9 via USB, then send the pre-recorded tracks out of the computer’s internal audio port as a stereo signal back into the mixer – into a stereo input or tape return input – for monitoring purposes whilst recording up to another 16 tracks of audio through the desk via USB as overdubs.

I think Logic can have multiple audio devices as ins/outs for routing as an ‘aggregate’ device, so there is potential for this to be a reality.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The USB-B streaming already supports this…

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Ah man!
    I was looking at the specs for the Q-drive which indicated that stereo playback + multitrack recordng not available.

OK – I guess I need to go ask the bank manager for a loan now 🙂

Excited!!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You can’t do both over the QuDrive, but you can over the USB-B streaming – that’s limited by the compute power of whatever is plugged in.

Input wise you can either use QuDrive *or* USB-B (global selection), but the outputs go to both.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.