Multitrack playback assignments

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Multitrack playback assignments

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zueri Zueri 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

I have a QU-24 and am using it in a church setting. I have been using the mixer for 6 months and have learned to use most of the functionality. It is wonderful to have such a powerful mixer.

I am having trouble with one feature. The music team inputs are assigned to channels 10 to 21. I am able to complete a multitrack recording starting at channel 10. On playback I select QU-drive as the input source on the QU and the recording drives the inputs, but the recording plays back on channels 1 to 12. I cannot find a way to play back the multi track recording through channels 10 to 21. Is it possible? What am I missing?

Thanks, Peter

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

QuDrive return channels are not assignable. Maybe such is possible in some future firmware update, but currently it isn’t.

Profile photo of PEJ
    PEJ
    Participant

Thanks for confirming this. It was driving me crazy. I guess I’ll have to remap the band to channels 1 to 12. I guess I could look at recording software on a computer; presuming this would allow me more flexibility.

Peter

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure, using a DAW allows to route back signals to any channel. Relocating the band is a one-time-task and does not add complexity to the system. Decision highly depends on your needs and workflow.

Profile photo of Zueri
    Zueri
    Participant

I had the exactly same negative surprise. So I asked for the function to freely assign return channels here: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/allow-qu-drive-playback-routing

Until this is implemented I’m using my PC with Reaper. But this is of course not as easy as a USB channel assignment would be 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.