Monitoring with Qu-24 and AR2412

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Monitoring with Qu-24 and AR2412

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sound Doctor Sound Doctor 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of porter4
    porter4
    Participant

Hi there,

I would like to setup monitoring with Qu-24 and AR2412.
    I already have a personal monitoring solution, so the only thing I need is central output of the monitoring signals – preferred at the AR2412 (and expansion if necessairy).

Is it possible to route the Direct Outs to the StageBox? Cause I didn’t find a possiblity myself.

Thanks for your help!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Why not using the Mix sends for monitoring? On the ME1 you’ll have access to all input channels individually, but these can’t be individually routed to the outputs on a stagebox.
    See chapter 10.13 “I/O Patch Setup – dSNAKE Out” in the current manual.

Profile photo of porter4
    porter4
    Participant

So you confirm the Direct Outs are only routable to ME Systems? That would have been very comfortable.

Yes, I also considered using MIX 1 – 10, but as I would like to mix the monitoring externally, I would like to output the source signals directly and thus I am limited to 10 source signals. As 10 monitoring output signals is more than enough, 10 “monitoring input signals” is a factor of limitation.

As I can imagine that there is no technical limitation to be unable to route the Direct Outs to a normal stage box, is there a possibility to report this feature as feature request for upcoming firmware releases?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I guess its valid to request this, but also with two AB168 or AR2412+AR84 you’re limited to 16 physical returns in total and probably want at least one pair for the PA as well. 14 individual channels are all you may get.
    The ME1 system provides individual mixdown from 40 (assignable) channels, if this is what you want or need, switching over to ME1 is probably the road you have to go.

Profile photo of Sound Doctor
    Sound Doctor
    Participant

How many monitor mixes do you need? Andres is right, the ME-1 is a great solution, eliminates need for a console on stage. One for each monitor mix with access to all mixer input channels. If needed, you can plug the mono output through an analog EQ.

Another alternative would be to get a router and iPad and control the monitors via the iPad. I use one at every gig to fine tune monitors on stage. Works great!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.