Mixbuss features

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Mixbuss features

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vik Smedts
    Vik Smedts
    Participant

Hi All,

I am a huge fan of the C1500, Compact and powerfull !

i was asking myself how i would setup this desk for In-ears and came to the conclusion that even with high channel and buss count you could set this desk up for pretty fast navigation.

There are 2 features i’m thinking of for the moment that would make it even more awesome!

1 – The option to do an individual variable “dim” on every mixbus to the pfl. so you can even the level in the pfl In-ears when the levels are not the same going out the busses.

2- The option of choosing wich “dsp” Channel shows up on your faders when pressing the “Mix” button to adjust a mix. For example,
    if i do Monitors from foh Position with 10 inputs (dsp channel 1 to 10) and i digitaly split these channels to the next 10 DSP Channels (dsp channel 11 to 20) to process these channels differently for the monitor sends. If i then press the “mixx button to adjust my monitorsend that automaticly the splitted channels (Dsp Channel 11 to 20) used for monitors spill on the faders.

I’m sorry if these suggestions are already been made.

Kind Regars!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Vik,

Re: point 2, you can try the ‘Sel Mix PAFL Scene’ function on SoftKeys. This allows you to select a Mix channel (e.g. for processing), select the same Mix (for send levels on faders), listen to it, and recall a specific Scene with a single button press. Typically the associated Scene would be filtered to only recall the Strip Assign and thus populate the Surface with the channels you want to control for that specific Mix. This way, you have up to 19 SoftKeys controlling different Mixes with a dedicated surface layout each. And what’s more, you don’t need to navigate to a master layer in order to press the Mix key!

I’ve seen several engineers using this trick on both iLive and dLive, especially on compact Surfaces.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

DCA Spill helps a lot as well
    DCA Mix Button on SoftKeys will help to organize the desk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.