Mix Select Keys Unresponsive

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Mix Select Keys Unresponsive

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CCB CCB 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CCB
    CCB
    Participant

I’ve searched the forums and haven’t been able to find this issue addressed. I am using QU-16. This past Sunday morning, I was checking various mixes that we have against the Front of House (LR) mix when the mix select keys became unresponsive. The way I have the board set up, I have several sub-mixes, one that sends to a redundant SD Card recorder, another 2 to monitors, and another to the video broadcast of our church service. So, anyway, I was checking those sub-mixes and I hit mix select mix4 button and suddenly the faders quit working, seemingly stuck in the LR mix. The other mix select buttons then began one by one to behave the same way, not switching, or at least the faders unresponsive. Powering down the board, waiting 15-20 seconds and then powering back up fixed the situation for a couple of minutes and then the behavior began again. It’s the same across all scenes (changing to a different scene does not fix the problem.) Firmware is up to date and the board is very well treated. I’m at a loss and need to have this resolved before our next service, which is tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7pm.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi
    Save your shows and settings
    Cold boot . Full re sett and reload your shows and settings.
    If necessary reload firmware.
    That is what I would do if I had a wee problem.
    Everone needs to be able to do this type of reset.
    The question here of course is does saving a show scenes etc… if there was a problem, will the QU save that problem and when you reload….. It reapers? hmmm?

Just a thought for you

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

I would do a System Hard Reset. From Page 65 of the current manual:

Note – A hard reset clears all current settings, all
    Scenes, User Libraries and User Permissions.
    First turn off the system including amplifiers and
    powered speakers.
    To hard reset the Qu mixer – Press and hold the
    touch screen Reset and Setup keys together and then
    power up the mixer. Keep the keys pressed for at least
    5 seconds while the mixer boots. Release the keys.

Profile photo of Mole
    Mole
    Participant

Hi CCb,
    sorry to bring up an old thread but this is the exact same problem I’m having.
    just wondering if you found a solution to it.
    btw I’ve tried a hard rest and it lengthened the time to an hour or so before the problem reoccurred.
    regards
    paul

Profile photo of CCB
    CCB
    Participant

I did not find a solution, but after restarting the board a few times, it started functioning normally. It has recurred a few times since then, but turning off and on fixed it. I have all my settings backed up just in case, but I didn’t have to do a hard reset. I did notice that it seemed to happen more when the room was warm, so I wonder if it’s overheating. I try to keep the room temp at 72 now when I’m using it.

Profile photo of Mole
    Mole
    Participant

Thanks for getting back so quick.
    mines been doing this for a few days now tried the hard reset which i thought had cracked it, but just came back after an hour.
    going to contact A&H tomorrow, see what they got to say!!
    ill let you know the outcome.
    paul

Profile photo of CCB
    CCB
    Participant

Did you come to any resolution on this? Mine just did the same thing again today and wouldn’t get past the loading screen at all. Did a hard reset and the whole thing is non-responsive now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.