Mix routing to headphones.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Mix routing to headphones.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cornelius78 cornelius78 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DTB
    DTB
    Participant

I am wondering if there is a way to listen to the mix, and only the mix (say mix 1 for a floor wedge) on the headphones when the corresponding mix key is pushed. I am not able to figure this out and could use some help please.

DTB

Profile photo of DoctorG
    DoctorG
    Participant

Yes. Set the PAFL options as you want them (Sec. 10.1 of the manual). You can set the PAFL to PAFL follow mix so that when you press a master strip Mix key, you’ll hear that mix in the headphones. But whatever the PAFL option, pressing the PAFL (Solo) key on the mix strip will let you hear that mix. (Sec. 6.2)

Profile photo of DTB
    DTB
    Participant

Thank you DoctorG. And thank you for referencing where in the manual it is located. As it is set now (factory) I do here the mix, but the channel strip faders do not control the volume of that channel to the headphone mix, even though the faders are all the way down, or all the way up to “0”, I still here the mix in the headphones. I will give your suggestions a try first thing in the morning.

DTB

Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

When I want to hear the whole mix on one of the Mixes, I Que the mix I want (lower right side), then on the left side use your Layers keys to flip between your Channel layer or the Mix layer. When you hit PAFL at the channel you want, your layer button will decide whether you’re listening to the individual channel going to the mix, or if you’re listening to the overall mix. This is also where you can Que up your ST1, ST2, ST3, and FX. When you hit the Layers button, it will light for the layer you’re on. Green for Channels and I think Blue for your Mixes and such.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of DTB
    DTB
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for all the help, it has helped out alot! It is taking me quite a while to grasp this whole digital world with mixers, I do not know if you have seen any of my other posts, but I am a convert from analog (Mix Wiz, etc). I did what you suggested and it works as you said. Sometimes in the manual there are things that are omitted (like when to change back from one layer or the other after performing operations, and that is quite confusing. Thanks again,

DTB

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

I’ve found that when transitioning to digital, there are three things to constantly be aware of before making changes to your mix.

One is which layer you’re currently on (layer buttons on the LHS of the console, LEDs above channels,) and therefore which channels the faders represent.
    The second is to which mix you’re mixing (buttons down the RHS of the console,) and therefore which mix will be changed when the faders are adjusted.
    Finally is which channel/mix is selected (illuminated Sel button,) for processing and therefore what will be adjusted when you adjust controls on the superstrip.

If you get into the habit of checking these three things before you touch a fader/encoder you’ll get a lot less surprises.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.