Mirror Main Output for Recording

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Mirror Main Output for Recording

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nasi nasi 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SamO
    SamO
    Participant

Gld 80

Wanting to duplicate the main output to a single XLR Surface Output for our Livestream recording. I can’t figure it out. Any ideas?

Profile photo of Eelke
    Eelke
    Participant

In the IO screen you should be able to assign the MAIN output to the Surface and dSnake at the corresponding tabs.

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi there, you probably want to send the LR Pre fader to a stereo Matrix then assign this to sockets on the surface.
    This will allow you to have control of the level to the recorder independent from the LR Main mix fader.
    Let me know if you need more explanation. Thanks. Harry.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

The OP states he wants a “single output” denoting mono sum of the L+R.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

I prefer to use an Aux for this, it gives you more control over the mix going to the recording or stream. I find I need to boost the speech mics much more than the music for levels to sound even in the areas I send the signal.
    I use this mix for our hallway, foyer and restroom speakers also through a matrix for level control.

Profile photo of SamO
    SamO
    Participant

Okay.. Our Livestream will only work off of an analog signal from the board. Is this possible at all?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Yes, the second post in the thread tells you how to do it.

Chris

Profile photo of SamO
    SamO
    Participant

Excellent…

Anyone able to provide instructions? I’ve tried, but still can’t get a signal. Thanks!

Profile photo of nasi
    nasi
    Participant

Yes, sure!
    There are different ways.
    As already mentioned you could use an Aux Bus so you can adjust levels only for recording/livestream.
    You can send Main to a Mono Matrix Bus and patch this Matrix Bus to every analog Output you want.
    Or you just use LR+Msum configuration. There is even a dedicated LRM show template for this.

For Stereo you also can patch Main Output more than one time.

Profile photo of SamO
    SamO
    Participant

Awesome! I’ll try it out

Profile photo of nasi
    nasi
    Participant

Good luck!

And one last hint: there is a good description of the several Main Mix types in the Touch Screen Reference Guide.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Also when using an AUX for this purpose, POST fader works better in this case so that changes at FOH also are reflected in the AUX mix. I do this for video camera feeds. Turn up all AUX sends equally, and then make slight adjustments for the video feed like maybe less bass, and/or more vocals or something. Since they’ll be post fader, they will change as needed with the FOH while keeping the other changes in place.

Profile photo of SamO
    SamO
    Participant

I’ve got the audio output to our Livestream, but the levels and EQ are not correct. There should be a separate mix for the aux out, correct? If so, I’m not finding it…

Profile photo of nasi
    nasi
    Participant

Please keep in mind your stream will sound different since the listener of this stream does not have your PA and concert hall. But it should sound the same when listening Master and Aux Out with your headphones (if Aux levels are the same like Master levels).

Please tell what you have done in detail?! How did you set up your aux? Is it pre- or post-Fader, all channels same/different level, … ? Because I don’t really see the problem and my first thought was “just hit the Mix button of your Aux master”. But hopefully you already know this key element of using a GLD.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.