MIDI!!!!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steph.plisson
    Steph.plisson
    Participant

Please , I need Midi program change in and out …… You’re so good on all the rest!!!! That’s urgent…. I need like many engineers send midi PGM change to external FX…

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Yeah, this is a pretty big issue, we need some kind of MIDI functionality besides the Bank Change, for the Scene/Cue list, really it should be addressed 🙂

Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

+ I don’t understand the point of this hexadecimal system for programming custom midi, please give us normal, easy and logical midi implementation as all the other manufacturers. I just want to be able to tell the console what midi messages to fire with a scene recall 🙂

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

Yep!!
    +1

Since you’re at it do it for the qu-series (and gld) as well, please.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Can you clarify what is requested?
    There is a utility called MIDI TCP driver that will create a virtual MIDI port on a Mac. The Qu/GLD/dLive mixer will send and respond to MIDI messages on this port, including simple Program Changes for Scene recall. While this doesn’t address MIDI integration with physical MIDI equipment (such as external FX mentioned by Steph), it works with software based DAWs, plugins or show control software. There is no need to use hex code on the computer side when running the MIDI TCP driver. e.g. a program change to 0 in Qlab will recall Scene 1 on dLive etc.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Is there physical MIDI device planned to send commands from HW other than computer?

ddff

Profile photo of CeDoMain
    CeDoMain
    Participant

Maybe as an I/O card… 🙂

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Steffen, have you tried the kissbox, is it actually working? How can it be interfaced to dLive, I mean IP settings, etc.?

ddff

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

did not tried it, sorry
    I don’t really need MIDI anymore

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I see, maybe someone from A&H can confirm or deny is it worth trying? I have a band that uses Cymatic audio LP-16 https://www.cymaticaudio.com/products/recorders-players/live-player-lp16 backing track device and it also sends MIDI data to iLive system. The plan is to upgrade, but the automation is quite important.

ddff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.