MIDI start when recalling SCENES

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions MIDI start when recalling SCENES

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kisi-Johannes kisi-Johannes 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kisi-Johannes
    kisi-Johannes
    Participant

Hey,

I would like to give a MIDI-command to my PC (with Ableton LIVE, to start a Song) by recalling a special Scene on the dLive.

How does it work?

Greetings,
    Johannes

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Johannes,

Any Scene recall on dLive will trigger a MIDI Program Change message where the Program number is the number of the Scene (in hex). This is transmitted over TCP/IP. If you are using a Mac, you can download the A&H MIDI TCP driver, which will create a virtual MIDI port in OS X, and you can then learn / assign the Program Change message as required. We don’t have an equivalent utility for PC at the moment I’m afraid.

For details on the MIDI messages and their format you can download the GLD MIDI protocol, which is nearly identical.

Profile photo of kisi-Johannes
    kisi-Johannes
    Participant

Thank you,
    I´m using a Mac, so this is no problem.
    I tried, to “learn” Ableton LIVE the message but LIVE “learn” every time when I recall a scene “Pitchbend” and not a Programm Change message. What can I do?

Thanks,
    Johannes

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.