MIDI in Dlive

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions MIDI in Dlive

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Friddi
    Friddi
    Participant

Hi can I some how send midi to my DM64 to change scenes?

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Friddi,

Have you seen this post on the TCP/IP Midi implementation? I’m on Mac, so I’m not sure if A&H have since updated it to be compatible with Win environments.

Profile photo of Friddi
    Friddi
    Participant

Thanks Michael, works like a charm

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

No problem! When we were considering the purchase of the S5000, we had initially been leery of the lack of physical MIDI ports, but we are very glad MIDI support is implemented. πŸ™‚

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

Is it possible to connect from a Windows computer?

Profile photo of Johnny
    Johnny
    Participant

It’s very easy, go to the software download and get the daw controller, after install you select dlive mixer and midi thu. To finish the setup you just have to set the IP address for the mixrack and press connect πŸ™‚
    I use the show cue systems software for windows and it works like a charm.

I use TCP midi for a number of things in our venue. 1) Live Professor snapshot recall for external DSP cues (AutoTune Keys, etc.) 2) Reaper Start/Stop Cues (I use Custom midi mapped to an action in Reaper for specific non-toggleable record start and stop @ current postion/save all media.) I’ve also successfully mapped out *almost* every midi parameter of the desk so that I can use Osculator to actually link two desks together.

For instance, say one show I have to run both FOH and broadcast desks simultaneously. I can use embedded recall to link most of the cues I need to happen, but I still want manual control over things like solo boost, or media fades, or even specific DCAs. I’ve created dual documents that allow either bi-directional, or unidirectional control of one desk, linked 1:1 per fader, send, etc. When I move DCAs @ FOH, they respond @ broadcast desk, and vice versa. It’s been incredibly stable so far!

If you’re using scenes to trigger things via midi communications you *can* use the default program change, but I would actually highly recommend using custom-midi option, per scene instead. You get the advantage that if, for instance, I copy a song cue to another scene, that custom midi cue follows to the new scene copied. IE If I have a song cue that does a thing in live professor, like key change, both my copied dlive scene, and the original will still do that thing. However, if I’m reliant on the default program change value that is tied to a particular scene number, then copy that scene to a new scene, the program change value for the new scene will be different, and my mapping will *not* follow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.