ME1 Offline editor – or editor in console

Forums Forums ME Forums ME feature suggestions ME1 Offline editor – or editor in console

This topic contains 42 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt Salavitch Matt Salavitch 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

maybe roll out a configuration at boot time would be a way without bi directional connection
    like updating the firmware in the stageboxes??

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

Any chance of an update on the progress of the offline editor. I am still dragging a ME home on occasions when I need to set up for special occasions or when someone wants to change things around. Spinning the knob to enter text gets kind of old too. One more thing, what is the possibility of being able to name the inputs when just using a POE hub to distribute the signal? I realize it wouldn’t be dynamic and follow the console, but it’s better than having just numbers.

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

again, here`s another +1 for the offline editor!
    Pretty pleeeze, with sugar on top!!

jb12string, I use a regular POE hub (Edimax GS-1008P, the one that Zueri recommended in another thread) and the console`s (GLD) channel names do come through, if that was your concern.

Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

+1 for offline editor, I do mostly Theatre gigs, and being able to set up the names, grouping, and button assignments ahead of time would be so much more efficient… spinning the knob to name groups, and pick channels is painful on 8 or so units. (everyone wants something different, but I don’t have the same folks all the time to train how to setup themselves)

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

It would be nice to have some sort of road map or news on development of this. The me1 is still being pushed but no software for offline editing? I am all for loading it onto a key and recalling either a config or preset that was built offline.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

bump. In December of 2013 the editor was on the “to do” list…

Profile photo of HBCMedia
    HBCMedia
    Participant

Yes Please make an offline editor! The ME1’s are still the best personal monitor mixers out there. An offline editor would make them even better.

Profile photo of tylermartin86
    tylermartin86
    Participant

This is actually getting annoying. After almost 2 years, there is no word on this editor. I’m sure a lot of people could actually use this, but Allen and Heath doesn’t care about all of their products. So I am going to start making my own. I have a good amount of experience working with Java. I could probably make a simple GUI editor in a few days (probably longer because I work and am still in college). I just have to find out how to pull apart the configuration file that the ME mixer outputs. If I can manage to do this, I will successfully make my own editor. If any other developers have any input on how the config file is written, feel free to let me know what you find.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

I think the answer is easy. The development team of a&h, digico & calrec is hard working.

1) The ipad remote for the dlive and the s21/s31
    2) The offline editor for the s21/s31
    3) The new add-on card’s for the dlive
    4) Trouble shouting all the app’s for ios 10

Afther this list is done and all the features of the dlive are implemented other mixer’s become maybe something new.

We are also asking for external sidechain for the gld, this is also someting there is no reaction from a&h from.

Richar

Profile photo of glparke
    glparke
    Participant

Bump. Since they are still actively pushing the ME-1. I had to mess with a drummers ME-1 last night and I thought I would bring this up again.

Profile photo of glenn
    glenn
    Participant

Another ping for offline ME-1 editor, since this thread has been dormant for > 2 years. If you can’t do the editor, can you publish the file format for importing/exporting, so I can write my own editor?

tylermartin86
    Participant

I’ve built my own GUI for the editor and then started working on the configuration file portion. It seems to be a binary file, which is difficult to decompress and get into a readable format. The ME units don’t run a Linux OS or similar. They are embedded devices, so working with their firmware or config files is much more complicated. I feel like I would almost need to somehow emulate the firmware in order to read and write the config.

It really sucks that Allen & Heath doesn’t care about their users. The stopped supporting the GLD after about 3 years of it being on the market. They don’t release upgrades for their products or add new features. I don’t see myself buying another A&H product again. Sure I will probably pay more for a Yamaha or other product, but at least I will get what I pay for.

Profile photo of dpnh
    dpnh
    Participant

I invariably prefer the sound of AH and the workflow, programming, support and even the detailed printed Owner Manuals of Yamaha consoles but that’s me.

Profile photo of glenn
    glenn
    Participant

Want to share your GUI? What did you write it in? Which platform (Mac, PC, etc)?

I looked at it in a hex viewer that has an ASCII decode off to the side. There were only a few characters that were recognizable from my setup, but most looked stuff from the standard setup. Maybe 6 out of 16 of my channel names showed up and some seem corrupted. For example, I have a channel name of sKeys, which appears, but another name I have is Lead, but it appears as @b3ead. Of course, the hard part is deciphering the binary data and how it stores things like volume levels, groupings, EQ, etc.

“U8�-S����-T�DEMO AUTO 1TO16 CLEAR P5 P6 P7 P8 P9 P10 P11 P12 P3 P14 P15 P16

tylermartin86
    Participant

That’s the exact problem I ran into and why my project stopped. If the config was a standard text file, then anyone could build an editor. Heck, I could have built a super simple menu based editor using CMD Prompt in about 30 minutes.

I wrote my GUI in Java. Its the quickest way I could build a pretty GUI. It has all 16 buttons and a screen (which is actually kinda useless). I would have to find it and see exactly where I was in my project. It was about 1 year ago and a lot has changed since then. But like I said, before I can go any further, I would need to figure out how to write a config file. Else the entire project is useless.

I may take one of these devices apart and see what kind of hardware it uses. It’s probably some custom made circuit boards in there, but it’s worth a shot. Maybe I get lucky and there is a Texas Instruments logic controller or something like that! I still have my books on working with logic controllers, so I would at least be able to attempt to work with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.