ME-U network deal

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-U network deal

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of unonuncasabe
    unonuncasabe
    Participant

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks A&H for making the best system ever at any price point. Love it!

Here’re a couple of issues i have:
    I have an iLive T112/idr48 and added ME-U+10 ME-1s Link is thru MixRack Dante secondary switched port to ME-U Dante primary port.
    When I link AHNet to ME-U control port, the system gets laggy (slow) and eventually (random amount of time) the MixRack stops communicating with everything but keeps passing audio.
    The problem goes away when either disconnect the cable link between the two devices, or deactivate the ME-U iLive Source feature, which closes the control socket and obviously stops getting names and stereo info from iLive (undesirable)
    The other thing I noticed is that stereo channels become mono within ME-1 Groups. When stereo channels are on dedicated buttons, they’re fine.
    My network setup is:
    ACE
    192.168.1.1 MixRack
    192.168.1.2 Surface
    192.168.1.3 TScreen
    AH Net ports
    192.168.1.30 Mac computer running editor and ME-U html on port en0
    192.168.1.40 ME-U
    192.168.1.244 WL Router with DHCP for iPad
    Dante
    All devices set to DHCP
    Getting addresses in the 169.254.n.n range with a 255.255.0.0 sub mask.

Hope someone can help.
    Happy holidays!

Andres Rossi
    Audio Engineer
    Emmanuel Christian Center
    Minneapolis USA

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Andres

Sorry that you’ve had this problem. Are you connecting the iLive network into the Dante control port, and connecting the ME-U network port in a similar way at the ME-U end? If so, I think it would be worth trying to run a separate cable for control, isolating the ‘network’ from ‘Dante’.
    Secondly, have you got the latest Dante firmware, V3.6.4? In the previous version, the Dante control port could put a lot of audio traffic onto the iLive network, which could slow the system down significantly.
    Lastly, are you running the latest ME-U firmware, V1.01? I can’t think off the top of my head of any changes that would directly relate to your issue, but I think it’s worth making sure you’re up to date.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.