ME-U and ME-1 units – Via iDR port A???

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-U and ME-1 units – Via iDR port A???

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Neakmenter Neakmenter 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

Hi!
    I have an ME-U unit and 8 ME-1… I’m currently using them with LS9 and Ethersound. All is good, but not enough channels from stage.

NOW! I’m ditching the EtherSound and LS9 both and setting up a new system.

The FOH guy has another brand FOH desk with Madi IO. Insists on using it.

I’m buying an iLive iDR-48 Mixrack and am intending to use it “headless” (no surface) as a monitor board/input rack and just doing channel EQs before direct outs to the ME-U over ACE and mixrack-ins straight to iDR PortB MADI…

Will this work? Will I be able to route postfade direct outs over PortA ace to the ME-U and mixrack-ins straight out over PortB MADI?

The ME-U manual says “Do not use MixRack Port A ACE” – but I can’t see another way of getting the band’s 40 channels all routed to ME-U processed and MADI unprocessed. – looking at the software alone, it seems to be that I can route 32 channels to the “surface” (port A)
    Do you guys know if they would be picked up by the ME-U over ACE?

Thanks!
    neak.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Neak,
    There’s some discussion on this subject here: https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/2013-01-24-124545/page/2/#post-34117

Profile photo of Neakmenter
    Neakmenter
    Participant

Yet again, your speedy response is appreciated! Makes me wonder if you ever sleep!

Also thank you for being open with an unsupported workaround.

I will take note of the caveats, but this does seem to be a suitable solution!

Thank you very much A&H/Nicola!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.