ME-1 units losing key assignment

Forums Forums ME Forums ME troubleshooting ME-1 units losing key assignment

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tylermartin86 tylermartin86 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tylermartin86
    tylermartin86
    Participant

Hello.

We have 6 ME-1 units connected to a POE switch which is connected to an AR2412 in a GLD system. Every once in a while, all of the ME-1 units will lose some of their key assignments. This hasn’t happened for the past 4 months, but it just happened today.

When this happens, it is always the keyboard and bass that is lost, specifically keys 9 and 13. The rest of the keys stay as they are. Is this a known issue, or has this happened to anyone?

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

There is an firmware update for this issue.

Make sure that the units have firmware version 1.13

tylermartin86
    Participant

I probably should have mentioned that all ME-1 units are on version 1.13 and the GLD is on version 1.51.

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

Swap the ME1 between a position that looses its mind and one that doesn’t. That would be interesting.

tylermartin86
    Participant

When this issue happens, all units lose the two key assignments. It isn’t an issue with a single unit.

Hi @tylermartin86,

Sorry to hear you’re having problems, any chance you could send us an email with your ME-1 CFG file to support@allen-heath.com so we can take a closer look?

Best Regards,
    Ben

Profile photo of dadude712
    dadude712
    Participant

We have started seeing regularly as well.
    It doesn’t reset all the channels, just some.

Any easy fix, or should I go down the product support path?

We have 7 ME-1’s connected to a btech switch, GLD112.

tylermartin86
    Participant

dadude712,

I submitted my files to A&H support in mid December, but I have not heard back in almost 4 months. This is probably a firmware issue, but A&H is too busy supporting their new products to come out with new firmware for their “old” products.

I can’t seem to track the issue down to a certain cause, so I don’t have any easy fix or workaround.

I have the ME config saved to a USB drive, and I just reload the config on each device every time this happens. It’s annoying, but it’s the only thing that we can do at this point.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.