MATRIX PRE-POST

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive feature suggestions MATRIX PRE-POST

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of froggy froggy 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of froggy
    froggy
    Participant

When you choose MATRIX PRE, it should be PRE ALL (GEQ, DYN, EQ,…) and not only PRE FADER.
    Eg1 : you want to record a MATRIX of the MAIN. Even if in PRE, it’s POST processing (EQ, GEQ,…) !
    Eg2 : you want to use MATRIX to process the FOH, the EQ on the main are available for all the speakers (SUB!!!) !!

SO PLEASE, a real PRE

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I didn’t know Matrix can be pre something, but if so – can’t you change via Routing button the point of connection such as for Aux?

ddff_lv

Profile photo of froggy
    froggy
    Participant

I think, we can’t change the point of connection for MATRIX.
    And for me, MATRIX must be able PRE process. On MIDAS PRO SERIE, you can choose it and it’s wonderfull.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

I remember good old times when matrix was hard post. That’s why I never do any processing on busses being part of matrix. I can have as much matrixes as I need, so all processing goes there.

By the way- for a long time in Midas Pro series you couldn’t change the signal point of pre-fade aux, it was hard post EQ, which is no good. Don’t know if they fixed that.

ddff_lv

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

I’ve checked this out, and it seems to me that the Matrix receives its signal pre-processing. Example: If I’m using Delay speakers, I’ll send the Main outs to a Mono Matrix. Any EQ changes I make to the Mains don’t show up on the Matrix-they receive their signal before the Mains processing and so get a flat response, which is how it should be. I can then EQ and Delay the Matrix independently from the Mains.

-Mark

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Will need to double check in the office but from the block diagram the Matrix is sourced post-processing (but pre-delay).

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Easy work around is to put no processing on the main busses, then use more matrices to feed all your outputs/speakers including the mains. Then its only a problem if you run out of available busses.

Profile photo of froggy
    froggy
    Participant

Hi,
    on Midas, it’s sure it’s possible to choose Matrix pre or post processing.
    I know we can use MATRIX to feed outputs and don’t use MAIN.
    But it’s a workaround !
    Why don’t put MATRIX PRE / POST process rather than just PRE / POST fader ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘iLive feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.