Mains output config change

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Mains output config change

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Underscore Underscore 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

So we are in the planning stages of changing our patchbay mains output from a single channel mono to a 4 channel LCRS config.
    I’m experimenting with editor so I have an idea what I’m doing before I actually change the system.
    I’ve figured out how to edit an save settings in a scene for recall(- patchbay), but I’m finding an issue that I’m not sure is an editor issue or if it will also happen with a live system.

I make my config change and all the channel settings reset as expected, I recall my saved scene and most everything comes back, except….. the DCA mix settings don’t recall. If all I have to set is my DCA mix and ganging, I’m still ahead of manually changing everything……but I’m curious why the DCA is lost in the scene settings.

Almost forgot, T112 Dual rack setup idr32 and idr48 with V1.94

Thanks for ideas, thoughts.

Scott

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Check your DCA’s arent Scene safe. Also check DCA assignments aren’t scene safe in your scene safes window.

Underscore
    Participant

Dooohhh, …’facepalm’…. yep that was it.
    Thanks.

Underscore
    Participant

Ok, so I did some hands on experimenting tonight and am scratching my head a bit.
    Our FOH setup is 3 hanging array’s Left, Center/Sub, and Right.
    We have a Harmon DBX4820 in the back stage rack blending the current mono input to the 4 outputs.

Our main engineer would like to have a equal blend across all 3 LCR outputs, yet with the ability to pan to the L or R thru center. Plus the separate Sub channel.
    I’m questioning if that’s possible at the idr level.

I tried the LCRSub mixer config but we weren’t getting the blend thru the C channel with stereo inputs. Mono inputs were only on the C channel until it was panned L or R, and couldn’t get it in all 3 at the same time.
    The 4 outputs were set on the ganging page including routing and panning.

I can config the DBX such that L hang is just “left” input, R hang is just “right” input and the C hang is a blend of both. So then my idr output would only be LRSub. Also understanding that even when panned full left or right there would still be signal to the center.

Thoughts and theories are welcome.

Scott.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

You may want to try the LCR+ Main mode, which allows you to have an LR vs. C blend control for each channel, it’s quite common to focus the vocals on the centre speaker and spread the rest on LR, typically to improve intelligibility and source positioning. You can then use an Aux mix for the sub.

Underscore
    Participant

Ok, I’ll give that a look see.
    Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.