LR mix to Matrix 1 & 2 – QU 24

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions LR mix to Matrix 1 & 2 – QU 24

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mjjohn
    mjjohn
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I just joined this forum. I been using QU-24 for about a year now, really enjoy using this mixer. I will be using this mixer in a different setup where i will need to send the LR mix to two different zone. Can anyone give me instructions on how to send the LR mix to Matrix 1 and 2. I have already read pg.40 on matrix setup but could not grasp the concept. A nicer explanation would be greatly appreciated.

John

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

1. Select desired Matrix.
    2. Press “routing” button.
    3. Touch “function” tab (Matrix send) at lower left corner of touch-screen.
    4. Select L/R Mains bus as your Matrix source.

U R done…

Profile photo of mjjohn
    mjjohn
    Participant

Thank You. That seems simple and easy. So will the signal going to MTX be affected if the main LR is adjusted?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

You have the option of pre or post in relation to the main LR fader.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Do you need the additional processing? One alternative is to use the AltOut, or just to duplicate the L&R signal (depends on exact requirements and other kit involved).

But the matrix is the ‘obvious’ solution 🙂

Profile photo of mjjohn
    mjjohn
    Participant

Thanks Mike. Bob; Yes I mainly need to add time alignment delay to the zones. Another confusion: what exactly does Matrix All Sends View page do. Do I use that screen to turn ON or OFF mixes going to the respective matrix. When i experimented with that page when i press the green ON button under Mix 1, Mix 2 etc it just switches between pre or post. is that suppose to do that or does it turn off the signal going to the matrix?

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Time to read the manual.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The Matrix s’ are really excellent on the QU’s I use.
    However 4 clicks’ to get into the 1st one and then if you want to go to the other another 2 clicks!
    And you can not go direct from a channel to a matrix.
    But who’s complaining?
    But you can not mono them.

I use the matrix sends to drive studio monitors 1 and 2.
    But you can not mono them and ..

it was really difficult to find the mute matrix tab/switch to assign them to soft keys.

How ever for delaying sets of speakers.. brilliant! 😐

Use an iPad and assign them to a custom layer for quick adjustments.

Profile photo of mjjohn
    mjjohn
    Participant

Thanks Everyone for the clarifications. I was able to use the matrix flawlessly.

Profile photo of PreacherN
    PreacherN
    Participant

1. Select desired Matrix.
    2. Press “routing” button.
    3. Touch “function” tab (Matrix send) at lower left corner of touch-screen.
    4. Select L/R Mains bus as your Matrix source.

I wish people would stop being terse in saying, “read the manual.” The manual for matrix setup is garbage. Thanks Dick Rees. I was trying to manage the Matrix through the mix routing screen (I needed to route Mix 9-10 instead of L/R as described in this original post). As simple as it might sound, selecting the Matrix and pushing Function (which for me had no adequate softkey label next to it) brought up the master matrix setup screen. In my case, I was able to completely configure the matrix in the mix routing but I had not turned up the matrix slider (eye roll) thinking the dB setting in the routing screen should have done the trick.

To be clear, for those new to the board:
    To “Select desired Matrix” switch to the layer that has the Matrix listed and push the green Sel button. Then follow the remaining instructions.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Preacher…

FYI, the directions I posted came directly from page 38 of the Manual. Or should I say, the “Good Book”…

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Preacher, re-read the manual.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.