Longer channel names

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Longer channel names

This topic contains 17 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nid nid 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wil Riker
    Wil Riker
    Participant

Title = topic

Why is there a character limitation to 6 letters? I’d appreciate to have longer channel names!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Just n
    ot cre
    ative
    enough
    are yo
    u

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

How long have you got? *ba dum tish*

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I’ve found on the QU that putting channel names in is just about a waste of time since there is no display on each strip unlike GLD or many other brands. A simple one line display would have been nice. But since this is what we have on QU it is was it is. I still just use 1/2″ label tape. ?

Profile photo of Wil Riker
    Wil Riker
    Participant

For me it’s not a waste of time becauce I like to look on the touchscreen when doing channel processing :-p. So longer channel names could be useful for me, even if the Qu-Series doesn’t have scribble strips like the X32-Series.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or for those who use the iPad, which does have a scribble strip.

Profile photo of Juan
    Juan
    Participant

Naming is particularly useful to QU-You users, since musicians have no idea what is on each channel.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

This is what I do when performing FOH or mixing at home, rather than looking at the QU screen I position my iPad on top of the QU and use that as an external screen. Works a treat for me. When out on location I have the iPad secured in an adjustable holder that is attached to a very very short boom table stand.

🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Smalltown Jim
    Smalltown Jim
    Participant

Personally, longer channel names and/Or channel memory names would help me; for instance on one act I work with the lead has different Eq settings for different parts of the show; another act also frequently changes Bass player, and being able to store more details of a stored channel purpose/which band member would be very helpful, even of of was just another 3 or 4 characters.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Profile photo of Craig
    Craig
    Participant

I second, third or whatever amount, this. My band uses the QU-16, with white tape under the faders to write what’s on each channel, so I’d never noticed the lack of characters in the channel name…until today when my own QU-Pac arrived!

I’m gonna have to start inventing nicknames for some of the singers I work with just to fit their name in. So more characters would be awesome!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I
    ned
    con
    cen
    tra
    te
    mor
    on
    mix
    ing
    the
    sho
    w.
    Thanks Bob… YES!
    Way too many other tech issues & musicians issues o think about rather than scratching my head , squinting my eyes in the bright sunshine to look at the strip name, let alone scene and show names.

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

I am amazed how having just two more characters for a total of 8 characters would have helped.

Profile photo of JohnK
    JohnK
    Participant

At least allow this for the Qu-Pad app … have them optionally scroll if longer than can be displayed in entirety.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I agree, six charachters is ludicrous.
    John, I can see you are intimately familiar with Mackie’s Master Fader 🙂 🙂

Profile photo of Valentyn L
    Valentyn L
    Participant

yes, 6 charachters is not enough!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.