Logic Pro 10 not responding to Q24 mono Channel level when recording

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Logic Pro 10 not responding to Q24 mono Channel level when recording

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kev Mac Kev Mac 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kev Mac
    Kev Mac
    Participant

Hello,

I am having trouble with the Q24 when recording into logic. I am trying to record a few instruments over usb b streaming into logic. I am getting the signal into logic no problem. The problem I’m having is when I try and do a quick mix of the instruments before I record them. Logic will not respond to the level changes when using the faders on the Q24. It completely bypasses them and I only can control the level using the Pre amp gain control on the Q24. Is there a way that I can stop this and enable the faders to control the volume of the instruments being recorded into logic? Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kev

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Depends on your USB Output Patching. If you’re feeding your DAW from post gain, its pretty clear that anything else (EQ, compressor, volume) does not affect recording. That’s exactly what I (personally) want to have during live recording, to obtain a clean signal for later mixdown inside the DAW.
    If you indeed want to record post fader, you’ll need to set your global direct out source to post fader. Sadly you do not find this setting in the USB Output Patch, but on the channel routing screen (Select any channel and press the routing button, see chapter 8.7 Channel Routing).

Profile photo of Kev Mac
    Kev Mac
    Participant

Right you got me in the right direction but instead of it been under the channel routing it was under : setup, i/o patch and then select the “ch/st/grp source and select direct outs! boom!!!! yes nice one. I wasnt looking to use pre eq or comp but just the faders for a quick mix before recording using the desks faders.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.