Linking channels freely

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Linking channels freely

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

I think it will be interesting to add the possibility to link any channels between them.

For now only continuous 2-2 channels can be linked (1&2, 3&4, …) it would be nice to link 2&3, 4&5….for example…

Thank You A&H !

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I agree wholeheartedly,
    I also wish I could link my main L/R master fader and the Mix 9-10 that I use for subwoofers.
    Moving one would cause the other to move in tandem.

That would just be super marvy!

🙂
    Dan

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Yes,

Linking unlimited/any fader is very useful…

+1

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I would like to be able to link ST1 and ST2 so I can change the volume of two keyboards and keep their ratio always exactly 1.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

And that would also make it possible to change the volume of all singers in a band without changing their ratio between each other.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Isn’t that a perfect use case for DCAs?

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Well,

Dca’s are an option….

But, not many of them…and having easily setups like multi keyboards and even multi output amps as well…

For instance our guitar player plays 2mesa boogies, and 2 Hughes and Ketner rigs…(yes 4 100watt amps and 4 cabs) and its nice to have them all linked…

As for backup signers DCA is better…allowing to tweak I one is getting louder than the rest…etc…

Both would be Awsome…

Perhaps change the setting to just a follow fader option…

Then if it’s 1-2 select two to follow one…

1-2-6-7 its 2-follow 1. 6-follow 2. 7-follow 6.

Not sure on ah software, but will allow any number of and offset of faders with just one setting per channel similar to thier setup that exists…just pick the channel…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

DCAs could be a solution but they are unfortunately not mix-dependent in the Qu. They are only DCA masters, can’t be used for sends. So for FOH they are enough, for doing monitors unfortunately not.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

It would be nice if:

– there would be a mono linking feature with which you can link more than two channels (no need for pan then)
    – it would be possible to link ST1 and ST2 (no pan needed either)

That would solve some difficulties I’m having with this mixer when using it from stage.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.