Limited scene name length

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Limited scene name length

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MikeShand MikeShand 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Hi brains trust. Is there a setting somewhere that limits the number of characters that can be used for naming a scene? The Qu24 at my local venue seems to be able to take long scene names but my own unit is limited to about 10-12 characters.
    Thanks for any help.
    Dags

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

There’s a limited amount of space set aside for storing the name in scene files. Just curious, but what’s the longest scene name you’ve seen at the local venue, and is your own unit also a Qu24 running the same firmware version?

Profile photo of Dags
    Dags
    Participant

Hi Ryan
    I’m trying to remember but it could be 16 characters is the longest scene name in the venue.
    I think I worked out that having a space anywhere in the scene name restricts the number of letters or numbers to much less than that (around 8-10) which is weird.
    It’s almost as if an old DOS 8.3 restriction is kicking in if there is a space in the name.
    I’m running firmware 1.90
    Next time I’m up there I’ll see if I can create a long scene name at the venue with spaces in the name and if I can I’ll then see if I can save it onto my machine.

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Reminds me of this issue on the gld editor. I still haven’t checked whether it also happens on the gld itself.

There is something peculiar about the way scene names are handled in general.

14 char scene names in embedded recall

Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.