iPad 2 and Qu-Pad App

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions iPad 2 and Qu-Pad App

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been offered a good price on an iPad 2 32Gb running iOS 9.3.5.

Was just looking for feedback on how this model runs with Qu-Pad? (Would be running with Qu-24 or Qu-Pac with firmware V1.9)

Any info, advice or experiences welcomed – thanks.

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Would be fine I’m sure– I run Qu-Pad on an old iPad Mini and it is fine. The software is just a control surface really. Don’t think it has to work very hard.

Profile photo of dickiefunk
    dickiefunk
    Participant

I’m using the old mini as well and haven’t had any issues at all! I would recommend updating the IOS to the latest version though (10.3.2).

Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

Thanks for the comments guys.

Seems the iPad 2 will only go up to iOS 9.5.3 so can’t install iOS 10 on it. This link may help for anyone who comes after:

https://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad/ipad-faq/ipad-operating-system-info-update-cost-app-support.html

The Qu-Pad App specifies iPad running iOS 7.1 or above – e.g. iPad 1 not suitable, I think.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I, or rather my kids, have an iPad2 and I have used QuPad on it for a while.

I *think* it’s updated to 1.9, but I’m not sure I’ve used it as a remote since firmware 1.9.

No issues that I know of – but I usually don’t need the second iPad connected (since I have the surface most of the time), and have an iPad mini (3) for general use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.