Inputs and Outputs in 3 Rooms with the QU16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Inputs and Outputs in 3 Rooms with the QU16

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cooperrosenthal
    cooperrosenthal
    Participant

Hello every one,
    My QU16 is set up in my computer room, but it’s rear panel pre amp inputs and outputs are unaccessible.
    I have an AR84 mounted in my audio rack, to plug in instruments located in my control room.
    I use an AB168 for my “dead” tracking room.
    I want more inputs and outputs for my “live” tracking room, but I was told another AB168 would not work with my system.

Can anyone help me get three rooms rigged with inputs and outputs?

Thank you,

Cooper Rosenthal

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

I run 2 of the AB168’s on my Qu-16 and Qu-24, but I don’t believe you can run 3 expander boxes (by adding an AR84).
    I’ve never tried that, but according to the manual, you can’t.

Profile photo of Em
    Em
    Participant

can i connect the Qu to a switch then connect to two rooms one with AB168 the other with AR84?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I think the best option would be to make (or buy) an analog XLR patch panel (or short snake box) to connect to your QU16. That way even if the rear of the console isn’t easily accessible, you can put the patch panel/snake box where it is more accessible.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

can i connect the Qu to a switch then connect to two rooms one with AB168 the other with AR84?

If you want to go that route just connect the AR84 to the expansion jack on the AB168.
    I would use some good ethercon terminated cat cable.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

You might want to look at Dante AVIO devices as they are perfect for this and not too expensive. They would take analog outputs from your AB/AR box and route them over ethernet to the different rooms, where you would convert them back to analog in those rooms using another AVIO device.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.