Input questions

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Input questions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cornelius78 cornelius78 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

This started as a simple question, then I found I had more.

Re the “48 inputs:” Is that 48x mono channels, or is it a fixed number of mono+stereo channels? (eg the GLD is “48 input processing channels,” but really it’s 44x mono + 2x stereo, can’t get 48x mono, and the Qu32 is 32mono +3x stereo, can’t get 38x mono.)

Is it like the Qu in terms of the “ST3” input is either the 3.5mmTRS socket on top of the console OR a stereo return from the SQ-Drive (ie can’t use both at the same time,) or can I use them both simultaneously?

Any word on what’s possible in terms of stereo linking\ganging? Odd\Even only? Preamp gain\digital trim included?

Can dynamic processors (gates, comps) have a key filter source of something other than self? Do they have a “parallel path” option?

Finally, is it possible to mix and match digital sources (use signals from the expansion card, signals from the 32×32 USB interface and signals from the SQ drive all at the same time,) or is it limited like the Qu in that you have to choose whether your “USB” sources are going to either come from Qu-Drive or come from the USB-B interface?

TIA

cornelius78
    Participant

Edit: Ignore the last question re mixing USB sources. Just saw a block diagram indicating you can’t. Annoying if you’ve got a DAW running backing tracks, and have bgm for breaks on a USB stick, but I suppose you wouldn’t be using them both at the same time anyway. And if you were to connect to the DAW via Dante instead of the 32×32 interface, it becomes a moot point.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Just saw a block diagram

Great cornelius78
    Oh where did you see that?
    Keen to share.

Common A & H we want to read just the 1st version of a Manual.

cornelius78
    Participant

Originally saw a post on PSW, seems to have been taken from p5 of this on A&H’s own site…. and now reading through the rest of that document, (instead of just the screen grab of the block diagram on PSW,) some of my questions are being answered. Still want a proper manual though…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes good spotting. Thats been added since the original PDF was put up there. Brilliant thanks

Profile photo of Robert McAlister
    Robert McAlister
    Participant

So you can’t have 24 inputs from Dante and 2 from the USB 32×32 at the same time?

cornelius78
    Participant

You can mix and match from the expansion card (Dante\WSG) and the USB 32×32 interface at the same time (and expansion card and SQ-Drive.) What you can’t mix and match from is the USB 32×32 and the SQ-drive at the same time. Just looking at the block diagram for that, haven’t read anything official.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.