Input from RME Fireface UFX+

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Input from RME Fireface UFX+

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tobi01
    Tobi01
    Participant

Hallo,

I would like to use a Qu-16 or other A&H console for live mixing and as a DAW controller.
    So far I am using MADI from RME Micstasy & Octamic “stageboxes” to an RME Fireface UFX+ and mix with the “RME Totalmix” DSP in Windows via USB. I want to get rid of the DSP and need to work with a real console now.

Can I make use of the MADI inteface with 16 or more channels available from the stage at the Fireface UFX+ already? Can Qu-16 accept 16 channel input from the RME Fireface UFX+ somehow, i.e. in one or more of the following formats:

ADAT
    AES
    USB 2.0/3.0
    (I would like to avoid buying an expensive MADI card bevcause the Fireface already does the job.)

What would be your recommendation? I am on MADI coming from the stage, so I will not switch to iLive or Dante, but I would like to use the Qu-16…

Best Regards
    Tobias

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

There are no digital inputs available on the Qu series consoles. The only thing you can do is hook up a Qu console via the USB B port to a computer running a DAW.
    Qu series consoles only have a single AES output as a digital connection.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.